Peteyfoozer’s Journey (because journaling’s not enough)

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have a vest ordered, after reading @SageHill ’s post. Should arrive before our next trip to town so I can get it fitted. It will hopefully be easier to walk as it has a handle I can hold onto. He is such a riot to live with. My last 2 LGD’s were raised outside with the goats and calves so it’s been interesting to watch him grow through stages. He’s SO different than non LGD breeds. Hope I survive the experience as, like a toddler, he makes me exhausted but I love him to pieces
Very cool - good job. HA -- I entered Obi Wan in a nosework ORT (odor recognition test) -- those are all "on lead" -- I tried a harness on him ages ago, and a special collar --- he hated both. Sigh so I've trained and worked him "naked" - no collar no harness --- well today I slipped that harness on him early this morning. He was much better, and then we started practicing. See- same boat, different passenger.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Working on the raghorse again until I started losing comprehension. Don’t know why that happens.
Boone joined me in the craft room to be my cheerleader…well, more like a speed bump…

IMG_8161.jpeg

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Boone was a pill last night and this morning. He’s just getting that puppy energy so I guess his growth is slowing down but he picks on Fen.
However, even though he was over-the-top zoomy and obnoxious, I put the handle leash on just his leather collar and he heeled perfectly for me from the house to the corrals and chicken coop. I couldn’t be more proud of him. His new vest should arrive today and we go to town next Tues for Randy’s next surgery. Praying he will be a very good boy. ❤️
IMG_8137.jpeg

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
What's next surgery?? Shoulder Or other kidney stones? Yet another malady? Out patient or overnight? Geesh, your vehicle should drive there on it's own, so much repeating 😋.
No kidding! To be honest, we are not even sure. I know they will be removing the shunt but they sent surgical papers with surgical protocols so maybe he will remove the really big one from his other kidney?

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Randy said hospital called. We will have to pay $6,000 ourselves for the surgery coming up. He will only be in the hospital for the afternoon. We don’t even know how much it’s going to cost for the 3 days and emergency. I am so stressed. Praying God will provide a way for us.

I had to pick up and vacuum after Boone tore 2 big boxes and a carrot into little pieces. He immediately grabbed Ellie Funt off of his bed and kept moving her to safety as I went around the house 😂

IMG_8179.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What kind of insurance is it? There should be a deductible with a stop loss, where after you pay a certain amount, insurance takes the rest. The ranch may be a wonderful place but they sure don’t take care of the employees.