1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Goat Hooves
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

PLEASE HELP. I AM TRYING TO SAVE MY SHEEP

Discussion in 'Behaviors & Handling Techniques - Sheep' started by Jules, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Sep 6, 2017
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Great news! Coyotes will kill everything they can. Glad that you got so many of them. How touching that your ewe came to you and rested her head on your shoulder. Sheep aren't as stupid as they are made out to be.

2. Sep 12, 2017
    Sheepshape

Sheepshape True BYH Addict

I've only just seen this thread, and am SO glad that we don't have the serious predators that many of you have.Great news that you have cleared so many.

I was horrified to lose a chicken to a buzzard a few weeks ago. Foxes are our worst predators, particularly for the chicken, but coyotes etc are a whole different ball game..

If you have despatched so many coyotes hopefully things will soon look up. Sheep can become very affectionate and trusting...it's nice that you are being seen as 'head ram'......protector etc. I hope you will soon be able to fully enjoy your sheep.

Baymule likes this.