Herd Master
Reaction score
they like dog food as well as cat food.

calfcoon_008.JPG

dog_004.JPG

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have chickens, too. Thats why I trap them and shoot them. They have killed a few and steal the eggs. Plus the pooping and peeing on my good hay. I am not a good shot so doing it in the trap insures I get a good head shot and dont wound them. Or accidently hit someone or someones house while trying to shoot them in the field at night. I have several houses nearby so Im trying to be responsible with the gun.
I would love to get a LGD but animals in my neighborhood tend to disappear, get wounded, shot, or poisoned.

Rammy
same here but with my cats instead. The longest I've ever had any was 4 years. The possums around here never bother anything. I worry about raccoons instead.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ive had cats disappear but I dont think it was from a 4 legged predator but a 2 legged one. I have seen possums mostly, raccoons, coyotes, feral dogs. I have cameras on the house, and mind you I live in Tn, but I swear I saw a mountain lion going thru my pasture one night. It was HUGE. Definitely a cat by the way it walked and the long tail. There have been reports of them moving back into the state and several neighbors had told me they have seen a black panther like cat in the area. One lady even has bobcats on her game camera set up by one of her ponds. All we need now are wolves.........

Rammy

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wish I had a dollar for every 'black panther' stories I've heard just in the state of Texas.

If one were to take every sighting seriously, the whole country is just run amok with black panthers..sea to shinning sea and from the Rio Grande to Canada..

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know what you mean. Ive not seen one, but my backyard camera sure caught something that looked like a big cat couple years ago. Long body, huge animal. You could tell it wasnt a small house cat. Tail looked very long, with a black tip. It never turned its head towards the camera for me to see but it wasnt a dog.