Prayer Requests & Praises

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love this idea! for years when I was working in icu I would have a family member or a patient ask me to pray for them. often we would pray in the room and I would pray for them when I got home, the next day often new patients and new prayers but people get busy and forget and I often forgot after a day or two. I was really convicted about that and was led to buy a decorative wooden box and I would put folks name and their need on a slip of paper and put it in my prayer box and daily asked God to bless all the names in my box. He knew who they were and whatthey needed and I trusted in his word. now I often tell people that i'm going to put them in the box.

That's is so awesome @goatgurl! When I worked at Mayo Clinic, I used to pray for patients, in their rooms. As an IV nurse, I would travel all over the hospital.

One night I was called to the ER, to start an IV and hang blood products for a sweet older lady. The next day I was called to the ICU, to hang more blood for her. As I waited for the blood to infuse, we talked, and after learning she was a Christian, I asked if I could pray for her. Now, my kids will tell you that I don't hurry when I pray. I heard some shuffling about, but kept praying. When I opened my eyes, there must have been ten family members, with their heads bowed in prayer. They were just blown away, that I would pray for their mother, and we had a nice chat afterwards.

About a year later, DH & I were having lunch in Rochester, and ran into some of her family members. They remembered me & just raved about how I had prayed & said that God had answered my prayers! She was doing MUCH better! Praise God!

I prayed for many of my patients, and actually got my supervisor's permission to do so! She said we were caring for our patients - body, mind and SOUL!

Last edited:

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Devonviolet how awesome that you were given the ok by the supervisor. sadly as the hospital i worked at became more politically correct the praying was discouraged. wouldn't want to offend someone.
i just have to share with youall what God has done in my life in the past couple of weeks. i had a rather urgent need and had no way to get the $ so i put an ad on CL and in less than 24 hours i had sold enough chickens and ducks to meet my needs with some left over to share with a niece-in-law who is going thru a bad time with kids in the hospital. God is so faithful.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I prayed for many of my patients, and actually got my supervisor's permission to do so! She said we were caring for our patients - body, mind and SOUL!

When I was still a firefighter/EMT and HIPPA Laws were something new, ERs and facilities would not always present us with the written reports to check over for medical history and then pass on to the accepting facility/hospital. They said they would be in violation of HIPPA. It was very frustrating.
One of our administrators researched our possibilities with the State EMS Commission and from that time on we were to tell the ward clerk or whomever had the orders on the patient that we were in the line of care and custody for that patient, providing care and included in the patient's privacy for knowing their medical history, etc. for as long as we were providing care until we released care. This frustrating period really only lasted about a month or so until most were familiar with how HIPPA worked.

As I transitioned into Fire Chaplaincy and eventually full-time civilian ministry, I tended to continue to use this approach, that I was included in the continuing Spiritual care of said patient, and certain information I did not need to know, but if there was pertinent information that would help in the area of care I was administering, I would appreciate the professional courtesy. But I fully agree with the care of patients including body, mind, and soul. The Catholic-based hospitals in Indiana give the clergy no problems and the utmost respect. Sometimes it is a shock to go to another one that is very secular and science oriented. The clergy that arrive to these facilities, in my experience do not get much respect.

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am so sorry for my late responses- things have been very hectic around here and busy. But I am praying for everyone continually and wishing you all well. God is not blind to our needs and our hardships- be encouraged to persevere.

I am so glad to hear about your blessing @goatgurl!

Just wanted to briefly ask for prayer for my husband's great grandmother. She is 92 years old and just had a really bad fall, breaking her right shoulder and right hip. She is expecting surgery at 9AM tomorrow morning. I love her so much and my heart broke seeing her at the hospital last night, laying there painfully and having no idea what was going on. Please join us in prayers for surgery to go well.

Best wishes to you all :hugs