Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love all your pictures too.

I hope E is doing better. :hugs
She is. Me, not so much. I started to get sick while shearing and by Tuesday was coughing up some gross crap. Nasty upper respiratory thing. Thought it was probably viral and was going to just ride it out, but then I realized that no one I’ve been around has had anything like this and, so far, no one has gotten it from me. I went and saw the doctor yesterday and he agreed that it was probably bacterial and even if it wasn’t, it was a good idea to start on antibiotics to prevent pneumonia. So I’m back on antibiotics and steroids. I’m still coughing a lot, but I’m feeling significantly better this morning. He also put me off work for today so I’m going to attempt to drag myself to the animal food store and the people food store.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s been a long week. I’m feeling better, but there’s been a lot of painful coughing. And 4 days in a row at work is a lot. I had today off and tomorrow and then it’s back to work for 3 days.

I slaughtered the 2 butthead Shetland rams this evening. The carcasses are chilling overnight. I’ll cut and grind tomorrow. It’s all getting ground so hopefully it won’t take too long. All the organ meat is cut up and in the dehydrator for dog snacks. I grind it up after it’s dry and use it as a meal topper for my picky boy.

It’s not a project that I was looking forward to doing, but it needed to be done. These 2 rams were taking up much needed lambing space because of their inability to live peacefully with other sheep.