Put a face to a name! Please post your pic here!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome @Nathan may. You can put your location (as specific or general as you like) in your profile, then there won't be any confusion. And yes, a family covered with Jets clothing with a background that couldn't possibly be anywhere in New York is a bit of a mismatch :)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome Nathan and family. Nice picture and my sincere condolences on being Jets fans :hide I'm in NE Texas but born and raised a Pat's fan (originally from just north of Boston). Grats on your little goats! Hope you'll share some pics in the goat section. Browse around and make yourself at home!

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
HI! I am so excited to have found you all! Just stumbled in but plan on takin' my boots off and stayin' awhile!! (My gran taught us to NEVER track
"barn dirt", or any other kind, into the house!) That being said it brings up the fact that I am old-school, if you will. I was raised on farms and ranches in North Idaho where we grew our own food, meat included. I have been around cows, horses, chickens, rabbits, pigs, goats and a few sheep most of my life, just not all at the same time.
My current herds consist of 8 Black Sexlink hens, 4 meat rabbits (2 Checkered GiantX doe rabbits, 1 ?D'ArgentXCheckered? doe rabbit, 1 Silver Fox Buck rabbit) and the neighbor's sheep. My avatar is Marvin, a 2016 bummer lamb I raised on a bottle. The sheep are a meat cross, I will check on breeding... and there are 9 lambs this year. Last but not least is my inside herd, Nelson, a 9 month old Fox (Tortoise) Otter Lionhead buck.
Throw 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 fishtanks, 1 chinchilla and a husband in with a dash of humor and make 1 LocoYokel family!
me.jpg

(Edit: The neighbor and his sheep moved so Brooster, my only he-chicken, stood up to represent. He is the very rare Mute Tin breed.)

Last edited:

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Well all I can say to that is WELCOME to the herd! :frow Glad you decided to join us. we have a great group of enthusiasts in virtually all the farm animal categories (including the indoor animals as well of course). There's lots of info and knowledge shared in the various threads, and newcomers with their own knowledge to share are always great to have! Hope you'll browse around and make yourself at home! Since sheep seem to be your predominant herd animal at the moment, we have a great flock of Sheeple here you should be able to find stuff to share with. Join the fray and if you will, we all love to see pics of other's animals, so share all you will! Oh, you grew up in N Idaho.. are you still there? We try to recommend to folks to put at least a general location in your profile... It's important when asking or offering help/info. :D

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Latestarter, and the reminder to finish my profile... I was so busy finding an avatar I rather dropped the ball on the rest! Give me a few days to get acquainted with the site, find my best pics and such, all that stuff. I also have two does due, so busy running in and out of the house besides... you know, normal due date behavior for the human mom of barn babies!

Hardisty Homestead

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1486318796630.jpg
Hello all! New member here! Also I'm looking for American blue rabbits for my son to breed for cloverbuds/4h to go with his sheep, goats, chickens, and pigs. Please hit me up, we're looking for a buck and 4 does preferably. Thanks and I'm looking forward to some interesting reads on this site!
~The Hardisty Homestead~

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
:welcome

If you put your location in your profile, maybe someone who lives (relatively) close might be able to point you to those rabbits you want. No matter where it is, that person wouldn't be me, I have no rabbits other than the wild ones.