rachels.haven's Journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, I miss my african violets too. If I was close I would take you up on the offer. Used to have about 15-20, did as you do and put all the broken off leaves into soil and root and start new ones. Would water them with water from the fish tanks and they bloomed like crazy. I had several fish tanks, and raised up several varieties and sold them back to the local pet store. They liked them because they were raised local and pretty healthy. Mostly would trade for other fish. I used gravel and real plants and let the fish droppings help to feed the plants. Another thing to want my own house for again. Really going to push to find somewhere to go next year. No sense in getting too worked up over it now due to the upcoming surgery.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'll get the pics of the cats up. They're just black with gold eyes. Cats are funny critters. I think if they can stay alive they'll be fun here even if they're not friendly. The cat food in their cage is going to draw the rodents of various types right to them too.

I'd mail you some violets in the early spring @farmerjan if you'd like. I'm probably going to pot up all of the good size clones but only keep one or two of each variety once they're established and blooming. The rest will have to find other homes. It could give you something to play with while sitting down, and I wouldn't have to throw extras out.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We can talk about the violets. I have some styrofoam containers that they ship vaccines in that would work. Some are not "airtight" and they would protect the plants. I would love to have them. Thank you for the offer. I really need more to do, but hey, I have a housefull of stuff to move when the time comes, whats a few more plants. I already have 2 pretty big spider plants that are decendents from my mom's plants...... It won't be until at least March before I am home from the rehab and all. If you find new homes for them in the meantime, that's perfectly fine. But I will talk to you after I'm home and able to do some things..... Thanks again.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
African violets were at one time, my favorite. I had way too many of them, LOL I think it is great that you are sharing them. BYH'ers are the best!
I'd send some to you too. I think there are going to be plenty provided disaster or disease doesnt strike, lol. I even have a couple of padded boxes from back when I restarted after we move in the office waiting for something.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh that's horrible. I wonder if it has any bearing on his behavior? That would be another issue I'd bring up with the breeder. In fact, you might start thinking about talking to the breeder about legal consequences. It would do this breeder a world of good to stand behind her animals.

I think the quietness afterwards is a direct side effect of the taxing effects of the seizure. Poor guy...:(

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think her sales contract would prevent that. The only thing it says is that to her knowledge the puppy was healthy at time of leaving. Puppy had just come home from the vet getting his last shots when they were all to be picked up. I guess worst case this will turn into a learning experience. A stupid, sad, messy, humiliating, expensive learning experience.

Locked out of the barn to prevent more accidents on the hay. Getting a stairway baby gate tonight.

IMG_20200115_152033362.jpg

Latest posts