Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmmm, our oven has a pizza setting. Don't know what it does other than set the temp to 400°, not sure if it uses the convection fan. It is still a 20 minute cook time (unless you like pizza tartar ;) )

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmmm, our oven has a pizza setting. Don't know what it does other than set the temp to 400°, not sure if it uses the convection fan. It is still a 20 minute cook time (unless you like pizza tartar ;) )

Are you cooking "raw" or frozen? This was fresh from scratch dough, room temp to start. Papa Murphys (purchased, ready to cook, fresh) usually takes about 15 minutes on 425 (without the convect feature, used to be 12 with it) in the old oven anyways.

Oh, so you were the one who purchased Kodiak! Great young buck. Like the wide stance on him. He will throw some great kids for you. Congrats!

@HomeOnTheRange … are you familiar with him in person, or just from pics....? Sometimes I just drool over animals I admire from other farms, occasionally for years, before I can afford a related animal with that one in the pedigree...:D =D

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are you cooking "raw" or frozen? This was fresh from scratch dough, room temp to start. Papa Murphys (purchased, ready to cook, fresh) usually takes about 15 minutes on 425 (without the convect feature, used to be 12 with it) in the old oven anyways.
Mostly frozen since we've not found a decent recipe for gluten free pizza dough. But I think the ones we made fresh (1/2 white, 1/2 wheat flour) when DD1 was at school seemed to take about the same amount of time. I'll have to pay more attention now that DD1 is back at school and we can make fresh dough again.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce I make home made pizza dough, but we went on the keto diet and I like the keto pizza so much, now that's about all I make. Try making the dough from this recipe, it's good.

Keto Supreme Pizza
Serves 4 | Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients:

For the crust:
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 ounces cream cheese
2/3 cup almond flour
1 large egg
1 tsp Italian seasoning
For the toppings:
1/2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 Italian sausage links, removed from casings
1/3 cup marinara sauce
3 Tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup sliced black olives
8 slices pepperoni
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion and bell pepper and cook for four minutes. Add sausage and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until seared and no longer pink, about five minutes.
Make pizza crust: In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine two cups shredded mozzarella and cream cheese and microwave until melty, about one minute. Stir in almond flour, egg, and Italian seasoning until fully combined.
Place pizza dough on prepared baking sheet. Using wet hands, spread the dough into an oval shape as thin as dough will allow. Bake 10 minutes.
Use a fork to poke holes in the dough if it has puffed up. Spread marinara sauce over crust and top with three tablespoons mozzarella, sausage mixture, olives, and pepperoni.
Bake until cheese is melty, four to six minutes. Let cool slightly before slicing into eight pieces.
Per serving (two slices): 550 calories, 42 g fat (15 g sat), 1,100 mg sodium, 13 g carbs, 3 g sugar, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
For more healthy, easy, keto-friendly recipes, buy Keto For Carb Lovers.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
How does that crust not just melt into a puddle in the oven?

After melting it in the microwave, you spread it out on parchment paper on a cookie sheet, then bake it in the oven. Then put toppings on it as for any pizza, then bake. It is delicious!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'll have to keep tabs on that, we can try it when DD1 is home from school.

Latest posts