Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule , Thanks for that recipe, I'll have to try it!

The dough I used was just a basic pizza dough recipe:

2 packages of active dry yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
4 cups flour (I use half all purpose white, and half whole wheat)

Warm 1 1/2 cups water, add sugar and mix until dissolved, sprinkle yeast over the top and allow to stand until foamy. Add in oil, salt and flour and mix until it forms a sticky dough. Coat with oil and let rise until you are ready to make your pizza.

That's it.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had quite a weekend.

I made it to grandmas fine, but the last 10 minutes, my truck got a little hotter than I like. Not actually overheating, I am always on watch for that, after going through a couple of radiators. I had checked Dustys fluids before I left, I checked again as soon as I got there but her levels seemed fine.

I helped Grandma and uncle set a couple of posts for gates. I learned how to install the hinge screws for a couple gates.... Now I think I might want to try hanging a couple here.

Uncle suggested I try a nap at one point because I was really tired. I decided to go gas up the truck and grab a coffee instead. Dusty was doing the 'running warmer than she should' thing again, even though she had been sitting for several hours. And there was a fender bender blocking traffic and then Dusty threw a royal tantrum in the parking lot. Honking and blinking and refusing to start. You would think she was turning 2, not 20! It is just the security system, that I don't actually have. It prevents her from starting when it is activated... thankfully, this time it was only a few minutes long.

Worrying about my truck, Grandma asked if we could fit the crate in the back of her Altima and take that instead, to visit grandma and to pick up my goat on Sunday..... I have squished 4 human kids, a full grown Nubian doe and a handful of other animals in the back of an Altima, all at once...(and yes, the Ex hated me for it!:lol: ) ... I am the packing queen… watch me work!!! I took it apart, turned it a bit, resituated it and zip tied it back together inside.... a ship in a bottle as it were! Grandma said that if Kodiak didn't fit in the crate, he would just have to ride loose in the backseat.... Y'all seeing why I am the way I am???? This is my partner in crime!!! :love I really didn't want a goat I am not familiar with riding loose in the car .... especially a buck! :sick (Though it is nice knowing that I could have, if I needed to!)

We made it to church in the morning, but I had a headache and was so nauseous I was fighting not to throw up on the way home. Originally we were going to go straight to visit Grandma K in the hospital, but since I wasn't feeling well, we went back, thinking we should grab water first, maybe take a nap or something. I felt fine as soon as we got home, so we hopped on the road and made it on our original timeline. We had a nice visit and then went on to pick up my new boy. :weeeThe ride was beautiful. The scenery was fantastic! We talked a lot, enjoyed the sights. When we pulled up to the farm, Grandma was blown away by Kodiak. She wasn't aware that he was the one we were picking up! :yesss: We made it back fine and Kodiak and I made the final trek home OK too. 8 hours logged on Sunday, on top of the 4 from Saturday. Long weekend.

I will share more pics of Kodiak once I get some. He is stunning! And though he isn't really "tame", he is mellow and fine being petted. So far his temperament reminds me of Andy, my original boer buck that I let go of in my downsizing. Kodiak is so smart... he sang me the happy birthday song several times since I told him he was my early birthday present... He really only knows the part that goes "Maaah, MMMMMAAAHHHHHH!!!" but he's only a year old, so I mean, I was impressed! He also said he loves me... that kind of sounded just like his singing... but I know what he meant! :cool:

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Happy ALMOST birthday! She still has 12 days to go, and I guess she'll be 23 since the doctor recently thought she was 22.

So I thought I should celebrate my 21st since I am aging backwards, right? :idunno

I will hose off Dusty... and yeah her name came from her always being dusty/dirty. I have a dirt driveway and growing up in California with perpetual droughts since forever... I rarely wash my cars, more of a conservation effort as it hurts to see all the water 'wasted'. I tried calling the shop, my check engine light came on, but they didn't answer yesterday and I forgot today. :duc

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Besides some of the obvious things, check the air filter. If you drive the dusty roads like I do, it can get clogged. The engine won't run as well, and the strain sometimes might set off something like the check engine light. It could be the O2 sensor.... the engine laboring also might be causing it to overheat. The water pump could be going bad, the fan belt may be slipping (you don't always hear it squeal or squeak). Make sure the radiator has water/antifreeze and that the reservoir tank is full too.