Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Poor quality pics.... but here are my Nubian buck kids

These first 2 are Bries:
#1 is a monster, full of muscle, several pounds heavier than the others, he will definitely add some meat to his kids!
Brie buck 19 1.jpg

brie buck 19 3.jpg

Bries buck kid #2
Brie black buck 19 2.jpg
Brie black buck 19 1.jpg

My smootchy, kissy face buck
fancy buck 19 1.jpg

I like this ones looks, he is a little more reserved but sooo pretty. He was my first choice from the second he was born... but his brother has been working on me from the beginning!!! and it is working! I am not sure if I can sell one of these 2 yet...
Fancy buck 19 2.jpg

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was late to work this morning... because I sold 2 boer does and the guy was running a few minutes late. Sadly, one of them was Rigatoni, my herd queen. I had offered her about a month ago, ( but only in one add as I didn't really want to sell her) and the reason I let her go is because she still keeps her kids away from me and that makes handling them insanely difficult, they turn out super wild. She finally allowed me handle herself (most of the time after a little convincing), but every year it is a challenge to get my hands on her kids, she even leaves the grain to get between me and them. :thShe really raises the best kids and she definitely earned her keep. She took a lot of patience to come around after a couple of long years so I feel bad about letting her go since we finally had a better thing going. I decided to hold onto Pappardelle, one of her doe kids from this year, not sure if I will be able to tame her any better, but I helped deliver her so I hope she comes around for me. I also have her doe from last year, Kandy, whom I did manage to tame.

Hey @babsbag … the guy picking up his girls today was admiring your buck! He really liked how he was posing at the fence. :D =D

I am officially sold out of boers for the year.

I just listed Bries buck kids for sale and decided to wait and see about Fancys boys. I am even toying with the idea of selling my big nubian buck so I can keep these 2, but he is not in great condition, so I need to make him a different pen. He rubs the top of his back on the opening to the shelter so he has a huge bald stripe now! :thI had purchased the kennel for Nigerian bucks and the opening is just a little too short for him. He is so big he can reach over the top of the 6 foot panels (did I mention he is taller than me when he stands on his hind legs?:ep), so I am afraid trying to contain him behind cattle panels will be an exercise in futility (he is a goat), but I gotta figure something out.

Coworkers are giving me gas. One or 2 in particular. Just irritating me. Today, I was just doing my job, tech stuff and all that, in the treatment area. I had just sedated a patient and another of my techs was prepping him for his procedure. We were hooking up monitors, IV lines, O2, etc. Coworker came back, picked up the O2 monitor (THAT WAS IN USE, MONITORING MY ANESTHETIZED PATIENT!!!) and then set it back down quickly before walking away to try one that wasn't being used. On herself apparently. I was ready to throw down and I don't like confrontation! :somad I hate confrontation in fact, so when I am pushed that far, whatever comes out is never very nice or pretty, just super to the point! Apparently she wanted to check her blood pressure. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:My O2 monitor does not have that capability :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. None of the handheld ones that she was trying to use, do. I can. My machine in the surgery suite can (with the right attachments). But not those. (And I am not doing it on people because that is not my job!) She doesn't know what she is doing and she needs to stay away from my patients and my equipment. And in reality, if she actually needed to have her BP checked right then, she should have sat her dumb @rse down and had someone call an ambulance....Seems like she was just being dramatic anyway. And the next time she messes with my patients or equipment while my techs or myself are working on them, we are going to have a huge problem!! Today, I wasn't ready for it, because noone is stupid enough to do that!!! so it took us all by surprise. We are prepared now. I already had a problem with "someone" closing the popoff valves on my anesthetic machines shortly after she started working for us.... if you don't know about stuff... DONT TOUCH IT!!!! :he (Surprisingly, the problem with the valves being messed with, stopped when she was moved to work in the front office instead....) :idunno

This. This is why I need wine. :thand caffeine.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, some people are beyond idiots. This idiot is dangerous to have around patients. Yep, she needs a Come To Jesus Meeting!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope that Rigs went to a good home. She was always a brat, but a beautiful one.Was she the first one you got from me or was that Raviolianna? I am looking forward to kids from Bailey and your new buck, I bet that they will be gorgeous.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Raviolianna was the first one I got from you. Rigs was somewhere in the middle. She came around some to where she wasn't so afraid of me. It used to take 2 or 3 of the kids and myself to round her up, she was just really nervous. Recently, I could scratch her over the fence for a minute before feeding everyone and sometimes I could scratch her as I walked through the herd, but she was always very aware of where I was. She walked next to the gentleman really well and didn't give us trouble, picking her up to the bed of the (huge) pickup. I think the guy is going to treat them really well. He was really nice and calm, apparently he raises pigs and cattle. She got to go with blueberries doe kid, Poptart, so that will help both settle in better.

I will say, that I didn't realize how much energy she brought to the whole herd. It is so mellow out there right now. Quiet. I tell you, every animal makes an impact. Even when I have a lot of them, the herd feels different when just one animal is missing. Now with 2 of my more talkative girls gone, it is almost eerie. But my Delilah (one of Baileys and Rockys triplet does from a few years ago) was loving getting attention with less competition and feeding time is mellower. There is still a little shoving, but Rigs used to run to EVERY pile of hay and every scoop of food to be sure she got the best bite of each, telling everyone off the whole time. And Voodoo is still with her man, so her nervous energy isn't there right now.... So far, she seems calmer in with the buck, so that is nice.

I am really happy with the condition of my herd right now. Coats are the best I have ever been able to get them. I have been using a cattle feed for half their grain and a goat pellet for the other half. I recently heard that Sweetlix changed some of the copper in their meatmaker formula to a more available form. I am currently using the magnum milk, and I am doing the copper bolus this fall, but I am going to try and see if I need to add copper as much depending on the minerals and if I keep the cattle feed going year round as that has more copper than the goat feed too. I usually lay off the grain some of the year, but Boers need more grain to keep condition than nigerians and I think my Nubians are going to need it longer to regain their condition this year too. Always adapting.

Latest posts