Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had to look up kissing gouramis…. uhhhh nope! Those are ugly. My goats are pretty! :p

Soooo I have a contender for favorite goat.... My new white doeling is such a kissy baby. She needs tons of kisses and at least 3 bedtime stories every night, although she regularly asks for more. She also wants to sleep in my bed, but she would probably poop in there, so that is a "no". :old

After the issues with the Knights of Columbus again earlier this week, I was understandably upset. She needed some hugs and apparently I needed the same. She hasn't been here for more than a few minutes, but I am really attached to her already. Summer Love, the red spotted one, is very sweet and affectionate too, but she doesnt need as much attention as the little one does.

I just got home from picking up Tahitian Pearl, my new adult Nubian doe. The traffic was terrible, but we made it fine. She is huge! Only Bailey, Delilah, Fancy, Brie and my big bucks, are close to her size.

Im pretty excited about all the *B and *M 's on the pedigrees of these girls.... that is alot of milk behind them! I still have to send my little ones papers in but these are for the other 2.
20191109_000431.jpg
20191109_000352.jpg

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce ... I was going to quote that... but I cant, there are adds popping up over the quote box that wont let me select the one I want :confused:

But yeah... Since they poop in their sleep too, I guess it would be just about guaranteed right?

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Merry Christmas Eve!

Been away a bit, just busy.

Work was hectic, a couple coworkers are making me bananas... Kinda wanna make some banana bread about now.... I could take out my frustration on the mashing em up part of the recipe! :D =D (Sorry that isn't a very chrismasy sort of sentiment!:hide)

My friends are good... in fact we have a new baby!!! :weeeMy best friends son just welcomed a new baby girl! She is too far for me to get to visit (another country) but I got to see her on a Skype type of call. :loveThe family is ecstatic of course. BFF is going to be flying up to see them in another couple weeks. First grandbaby.

My kids are good. I had sent my daughter and SIL some specialty local cheese they had been craving. It was to be the birthday/Christmas presents for the both of them, it was a bit expensive (partly since I was shipping it to them a couple states away) so I sent a little bit bigger package than they were expecting. My DD messaged me that the package made it, she knew it was coming, but that she didnt understand why her hubs was so excited, until she saw how much I sent. They were expecting a couple wedges... She thanked me for the "metric butt ton of cheese!" :gigI think I am going to specifically request that much the next time I go to the store!

My boys all have to work on Christmas, so I have plans to hang out with my neighbors for a better part of the day tomorrow. But we made the pumpkin chocolate chip scones last night and I picked up the pizzas. I don't have any presents to be putting together for little people any more, but I still plan on doing the lazy, take it easy Christmas day stuff.

My niece and nephew were here a few weeks ago and I had them open their presents then. I got a kick out of my little niece. She was scooping and measuring dry beans. She would stop, take 3-4 beans, set them in a little pile on the floor, get the dust pan and brush, and sweep them up. She would return the cleaning supplies and then come back to play beans with me. At one point she asked if she could take the bowls and measuring cups home with her. Her dad had already said no... but I guess I know what Im buying her next! My mom (her grandma) says she is so much like me.... she loves goats and cats and she is more girly than my sister in law was prepared for! And … she isn't afraid to pick up goat poop! LOL!:lol: That's my kid I tell you!

My brother helped me install security cameras. It took us a few days, several trip up to the attic crawl space, tons of ladder work and a couple holes in the wall, but they are up and running. I am learning to navigate around through the feeds, but I know how to find the one I want to watch. Now to figure out how to record clips. My computer wont read the feed we saved to the thumb drive.

Goats are good. Blue Moon, my white/cream little girl is sooooo much a favorite! My Nubians are seriously goats for my heart! If the weather lets up, I want to try to get some pics of her with a Christmas collar on... and maybe some antlers if she will wear them!
20191224_101504.jpg

Tahiti, Blue Moon, Fancy

20191223_113152.jpg

Kodiak
20191223_113543.jpg

Doodles and Beaux Jangles enjoying their new cushion. They got their presents early. Cause they are dogs and they don't care that they didn't get to unwrap them.

Merry Christmas Yall!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Merry Christmas!

I like the dog bed of repurposed furniture!! Even have a nice top spot to place "things". LOL

If you were close, I'd make a date with Kodiak for some of my girls.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks, I happen to think Kodiak is a handsome hunk, myself.... but I am terribly biased!

So... stressful week, started with a gas co person trespassing, as in pushing down and stepping over one of my wire field fence sections in the front yard and then opening and going through my wooden driveway gate without permission, while I was at work, but he made no effort to approach the house to ask permission. I know because I now have security cameras, necessary because the "religious" group next door are bullies that have tried to intimidate me in the past and their "guests" like to trespass and cause me all number of grief and issues.... anyways, I now have new toasters (cameras) and I am learning how to use them. I did contact the gas co and filed a complaint and I had 2 conversations with sheriffs about this. Also, one of the 'neighbors' was walking up my drive towards my wooden gate and looking/snooping around until he saw the cameras, looked directly at them for a minute, then retreated. I did also discuss that with the sheriffs... and I went out and posted "no trespassing" signs as well as "security cameras in use" signs.

And then I was at the vet with one of my babies. Summer Romance, one of my Nubian buck kids has been holding food in his cheeks. It is fresh/green looks and smells fine, but he appears to have trouble swallowing or something. Cleared him a couple of times, but he kept doing it. He is still alert and active, appears to eat with everyone else, still wants attention, but is clearly not gaining or growing well. He did urinate and defecate while we were at the vets, so food and water are getting in, just not enough, maybe? Vet exam was all within normal limits except for slightly elevated temp. Labwork was indicating anemia (possibly from worms though fecal didn't show presence of them at this time) and some minor elevations indicating possible chronic inflammation, likely related to the fecal showing coccidia. Antibiotic injections to cover infection, banamine injection to cover pain/inflammation, Thiamine injections daily, oral vitamin supplements daily, deworming done, and coccidia treatment is on order and will be started in the next couple days. I really want this kid to recover, he is the one I wanted to keep from day 1!

A couple other stressful things going on too, it has been one of those weeks. Just crossing my fingers and saying my prayers for a better week coming up.