Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Karma is a beautiful dog with tons of personality.
I have a dog, Sentry, that is all about me. I do believe he would bite if someone threatened me. As it is, I have to be careful if he is in the yard, my son gave me a big hug and Sentry barked and growled at him. That was 2 years ago and he still doesn’t like my son. LOL

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Frustration from a few days ago.....

I have a buck kid on reserve next year (replacement for Mr Miragi). Also have a doe kid still on reserve from a gorgeous doe that (of course) had all boys last year and a single doe that the breeder retained this year. But.... I am hoping "fat kid camp" works for Fancy and I could really use an unrelated buck to breed her to later this year. (I also need someone to breed all these pretty doe kids to since they are all out of Fancys boys..... sooooo related to everyone. Basically.)

Anyway, so someone that bought a goat from me a few years ago (nigerian), had posted a pretty nubian boy at a decent price. She didnt answer my request for pedigree info so I figured she had a buyer for him already. A week later she messages and asks if Im still interested? Says sale fell thru, yadda yadda. She hadnt sent pedigree info I had asked for in my last message, so I still dont know if he is related to anyone here, has a decent udder behind him... nothin. And she lives in the side of the state I buy from. Just better quality nubians up there so a decent enough chance that her goats may be related to someone I have here. So I answered "Yes, possibly" and then I added something along the lines of how I kept too many related goats for my small herd. She didnt answer me after that at all, just reposted him on facebook. OK. Whatever. I suppose I dont actually NEED another nubian, but everyone that loves nubians really DOES need more nubians right? I mean, I could just use Monterey Jack over Fancy this fall/winter if he is mature enough. He is 1/2 Brie, 1/4 Beast and 1/4 Fancy. So line breeding over one my 2 favorite nubians???? No problem really, as long as Fancy loses the weight before then.

Pics of Monte so you all know who Im talking about (and why I wont really cry if I have to use him over his granddam)
Monte.jpg

So "Whatever!" about that other kid. Ill just wait until next year for my new buck. That said.... There is a farm in Arizona that I have seriously been thinking I want a buck out of..... but they are at the VERY top of my usual budget for goats, (plus travel expenses) so I might need to wait another year to reserve (yet) another boy. I do love my stinky hunkachuncks!!!

Good note.... I sold one of our boer buck kids to a cool dad and kid pair today. Girl was probably about 9 or so. She has her own herd of 4 or 5 does and needs her own buck. The dad was liking one of the other boys but he stood back and let her decide exactly which one she wanted. Made my heart happy!!! So excited to see more goat addicts in the making, not gonna lie!!!! LOL!!! She picked Bebop, Baileys dappled boy.

bebop2.jpg

Doodles just committed a crime that may have her banished for quite awhile.... She was laying on the back of my leather recliner just now, when she let her bladder go. Like a whole gallon..... all down my back. Me. My chair. My hair. My back. My shirt. My bra. My shorts. Me. More Me...... so, so, so, so beyond angry. :somad And so very, very wet. My chair and I both had a bit of a spa day and we are currently drying out. UGH!!! Have I mentioned recently that I am a Cat Person? Goat Queen? Baby Lover? Coffee Addict? Cheap Wine Aficionado? Nope, I cant find dog titles anywhere in my descriptors.... (I wonder why???????) THIS IS WHY I CANT HAVE NICE THINGS!!!!! (Uhmmmm Ok, actually kinda but also not. I am really clumsy and I break things.... aaaaand I kinda cant afford really nice things too (besides goats and their feed), so there is that.) :hide

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
And I love the buckling that little girl picked! I want one of those. 😁
@Mini Horses .... come on down I have another one for you....

FLEX1.jpg

SB4.jpg
SEC1.jpg
NEA1.jpg

The dog --- really??? Just let loose and peed????? :lol: :lol: surely it was dreaming!
I sure hope that was the case and that it was a straight up accident!!!! I started a cuss word or two but was so flummoxed and outraged, I never even finished, just kept sputtering half cusses, until she finished and scuttled off in a cloud of fear. DS3 came rushing out of the room cause of the yelling and once he assessed that I was insanely angry, but not injured, he beat a hasty retreat. Doodles ran faster than she has ever run out to the dog yard when I opened the door. She is smart enough, she should have rung one of the many bells or barked or gone to the door.... anything to give me a clue she needed to go out. No reason to keep that kind of info to herself. Im just saying.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you were not so far, I'd be on those bucklings! It's quite a drive. :lol: I'm far east coast... think he'd need a Covid card to fly? :idunno😁
@Mini Horses Yeah probably! And a mask, Im sure.

I had such a HARD week! UGH! So tired. I started back to work. Full time after being home for almost 5 months.

Monday was ok, but I felt like someone punched every muscle in my body when I finally got home. :th

Tuesday I started out with a migraine, only made it through half a workday. I got home just in time to barf in my living room (made it into my 'barf bucket' since I have had several stress induced migraines over the last few months, I had it handy). I slept for 3 hours that afternoon. :sick

Wednesday was Ok. :thumbsup

Thursday started at 3 O'something to the buttcrack of dawn, with a call from my kid. He was on his way to work for the first shift, on his bike, in the dark, when he found a kitten in the middle of the road. He said she came out of the orchard and ran up to him crying. I could hear her in the background of the phone call even. So we went to give him a ride to work and bring the baby back to the house. She is missing about a third of her tail, road rash on her hocks, abrasions to the skin around her left eye, nose and the side of her mouth, and a couple paw pads as well. It looks like she was hit by a car, most likely a few days ago based on the condition of the wounds. Good thing I work at a vet, she got a prime appointment time first thing in the morning. One of her hocks is definitely abscessed, the other is questionable. Her tail has a scab over the end, if it does end up having difficulty healing, we will have to amputate a little further down to make a skin flap to cover the end, but at the moment it looks Ok. Antibiotics, pain medication, flea treatment, all the food and water she desired and she was one happy little kid. She would even stop eating to roll on her back for belly rubs. There is no shortage of offers for a home for this one, but DS3 has dibs and he is taking ALL of them. Did I mention she is a lover??? With a full on Harley engine for a motor, so I got second dibs.... not that I need them as someone has to pay her bills, pick up her feed, change the litterbox and management of all that constitutes the "(possession is) 9/10s of the law" right? :idunno

Friday was just more tiredness on top of tiredness, mild headache all day and I managed to knock over a headboard and scrape up my whole calf.... on the good leg. So there is that. :barnie

But did I die? No, I guess not, but I am so sore I feel like I might. So I'll just be over here snuggling the kids new baby kitty and trying to rest all of this weeks exhaustion out in a half of a coma in my comfy chair. K?

Oh yeah, I've been calling her "SpeedBump" but I think her official name is going to be "Lizzy", short for Lizard, cause you know, her missing tail thing. Also its kind of a small nod to our old rescue cat that DS3 let share his room for a couple years until she passed. This new kid has the same colored coat that Cricket had, white with orange and grey spots.