Rammy's Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldawntaylor

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sorry you're having a difficult time.

Sometimes I think of venting as if I am dealing with a cut, sometimes that top layer needs to come off for healing. Other times, hard as it can be, it needs to be left alone to heal.

Sometimes it is hard to know what is needed when.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry you're having a difficult time.

Sometimes I think of venting as if I am dealing with a cut, sometimes that top layer needs to come off for healing. Other times, hard as it can be, it needs to be left alone to heal.

Sometimes it is hard to know what is needed when.

Sometimes I dont know when to stop venting. Thats how I do get most of my anger out. My ex wasnt too happy about it because he always thought I was taking it out on him. I tried to explain that it wasnt taking it out on him, just listen. But sometimes if you keep picking at a wound, it gets infected, and then it takes longer to heal. Keeping an wound open only makes you more vunerable because it allows an opening into your body. Im talking metaphorically here. So on one hand I want to B**** but on the other, it might be best to stop picking at the wound and let it heal naturally.

ldawntaylor

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So true.

Sometimes I use a more tangible way of dealing with things. Let me explain...I write down whatever I want vent about. Then I burn that paper, or cut it up, or use my hands and shred it.

Then, I do my best to think about positive things. How the chicks are growing. Or, something else that puts me in a good mood.

If the problem is still in my thoughts then I find someone to vent to.

Some times just destroying something that I've decided represents that person or situation helps. Other times, I just have a mess to clean up. Please note, any papers or items are my own.

The difference between what I do and a temper tantrum is the deliberation where a tantrum is out of a place of plain emotion.

Whatever choice you make this is a safe place to vent if you need to.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, you've been picking at this long enough. Maybe making a joke out of your neighbor would help. why don't we give him a name that you can call him, as a joke, to help you deal with it.

cumberground—someone who is so useless, they just serve to take up space.

FOPDOODLE
An insignificant or foolish man.

GOBERMOUCH
An old Irish word for a nosy, prying person who likes to interfere in other people’s business.

I found a website with 15th century old English insults. I really like Fopdoodle! I wouldn't share it with the neighbors though. I was thinking that if you have a ridiculous name that you can call him to yourself, it would make him less threatening.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/61819/42-old-english-insults

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those are pretty good. What I normally call him I cant post on here. ;) :lol: I liked @Idawntaylor 's suggestions about writing and burning stuff on paper. I have actually done that in the past but got away from it, so its something I may do this weekend. :clap

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought about putting loudspeakers on the house and playing polka music while Im at work.:celebrateWould kind of screw with someone being able to sleep during the day....muhahaha :smack...but my luck Id get in trouble for disturbing the peace.....of.........bleep......:somad :rant :he

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I liked Saddle-Geese too. I like Goobermouch, but I think I would further slangerize it to Goobermooch.

This gives you a "formal" name for your nemesis that you can refer to him as.

Status
Not open for further replies.