Rammy's Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Change of life sucks all around. I had a very mild case of man-o-pause a ways back in time. Now I'm just a fat, going bald, pretty broke down, old guy... :confused: ah well... it is what it is. :old When the "farm" gets to be too much, I'll sell out, buy a motor home, pack me and the dogs inside with comfort in mind, and start roaming the hemisphere... Follow the seasons and visit my kids and their kids as and when the desire arises. There are worse things in life to be doing...

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, so got the fence finished. Those guys pulled out all the wood posts and replaced them with tposts. Now its all on my side. They also filled in all the holes. :D =D
They also fixed the blue gate I go thru to the barn. The posts there were leaning since they werent properly installed so the gate wasnt even either. He even put a new latch on free of charge and no charge for extra work I didnt ask for. :weee
I told my neighbor Russ I think he was hitting on me. Kept telling me I like you and how he liked my name. He us from Mexico. No biggie about that, just that he is married! :ep
I told Russ that kinda made me uncomfortable but Im not used to being hit on. He said just because someone hits on me doesnt mean I cant enjoy it.
Ok.
I mean they did a great job. :love Im worn out tho cause I was out there making sure they did it to my specs and carried the wood posts over to the chicken coop.
I didnt expect to have them here all day. Definetly will call them to have a cook out when one of the cows goes in the freezer.:D
Might see what he would charge me to do the long side of the fence. He said he could do it on the side. Something to think about.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Change of life sucks all around. I had a very mild case of man-o-pause a ways back in time. Now I'm just a fat, going bald, pretty broke down, old guy... :confused: ah well... it is what it is. :old When the "farm" gets to be too much, I'll sell out, buy a motor home, pack me and the dogs inside with comfort in mind, and start roaming the hemisphere... Follow the seasons and visit my kids and their kids as and when the desire arises. There are worse things in life to be doing...
Hey, Ive thought about doing the exact same thing. Put all the animals in a motor home and travel. Its not much fun doing it by yourself, tho.
Would love to visit Alaska once. Maybe Canada, too. Never been out of the country.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I really like the mannequin idea, but put a camera in it's eyeballs so that it really is watching Goobermooch. I don't have insurance, it's too much. I only have a couple of years to go for Medicare, so i'll wait. When I checked on Obamadon'tcare it was going to be $900 a month for a TEN THOUSAND deductible. WTF??? TEN GRAND? Gheesh. I have been to a clinic exactly twice in the last 6 years. The highest one was $240. I have saved thousands by paying the fine. Used to be able to get a catastrophic policy for a few hundred that covered major stuff, but no more. Nope, I would have to have maternity coverage? Ummmm.....been through menopause, had a hysterectomy, I need maternity about as much as the men do that are forced to include it on their policies too. I'd better shut up, I am starting to twitch and drool......

Glad you got the fence done. We did all the fencing on our 8 acres, that is work! Here lately my big projects have been a Pig Palace and a chicken coop. Got 30+ Cornish Cross chickens to butcher......like NOW. Gonna do 15 this week, the rest next week. Slaughter takes a few hours, cutting up, packaging, freezing, taking the carcasses and making and canning broth takes two days. Gonna take the pigs to slaughter in mid June, but I won't be cutting them up!

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I really like the mannequin idea, but put a camera in it's eyeballs so that it really is watching Goobermooch. I don't have insurance, it's too much. I only have a couple of years to go for Medicare, so i'll wait. When I checked on Obamadon'tcare it was going to be $900 a month for a TEN THOUSAND deductible. WTF??? TEN GRAND? Gheesh. I have been to a clinic exactly twice in the last 6 years. The highest one was $240. I have saved thousands by paying the fine. Used to be able to get a catastrophic policy for a few hundred that covered major stuff, but no more. Nope, I would have to have maternity coverage? Ummmm.....been through menopause, had a hysterectomy, I need maternity about as much as the men do that are forced to include it on their policies too. I'd better shut up, I am starting to twitch and drool......

Glad you got the fence done. We did all the fencing on our 8 acres, that is work! Here lately my big projects have been a Pig Palace and a chicken coop. Got 30+ Cornish Cross chickens to butcher......like NOW. Gonna do 15 this week, the rest next week. Slaughter takes a few hours, cutting up, packaging, freezing, taking the carcasses and making and canning broth takes two days. Gonna take the pigs to slaughter in mid June, but I won't be cutting them up!

Im paying $268 a month. The only way I can afford it is I qualified for that assistance thingie where the gobment( slang intended) pays $600 of it or Id still be without insurance. Parents can give the house to someone else.
Thought about the chickens and pig route for later butcher, but would have to let someone else do the dirty work. More power to ya! Hope you get it all done. Sounds like you have alot of work ahead of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.