Rammy's Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Saw the Goobermooch referenced in another thread somewhere and had NO idea what that was all about. Nice to have the background :) Wasn't able to keep up with posts over the past week and just now clearing 100+ alerts and 4 pages of "new" posts... Do what you gotta do to get it behind you. I know it's kinda difficult since it's an ongoing thorn to be dealt with. And I completely understand being stuck, not able to move away... When I win the lottery I'll help ya :D

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, Goobermooch was the winner on names. Thanks to @Baymule for providing the inpiration and tweaking to come up with the perfect one. :celebrate I feel for ya on having all those alerts. The most Ive gotten is 14 so far thanks to sweetie pie @Werner Homestead liking my posts. :hugs :love
I doubt Id ever win the lottery. I dont play for one thing. :idunno But if I did and won, you will be the first person I tell. :weeeBut I plan on moving at some point. It probably will be from here to my parents house when they pass away. We have already discussed it. Bad thing is, they only have an acre so I will only be able to keep chickens. :hitI just dont think I will ever have anything more than my little 3 1/2 acres. :idunnoShoot, I was out there mowing today, and then took my lopers to cut back some trees to prevent them shorting out my hotwire and had to sit down a couple times because of the heat.:th Sucks getting old. :he

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
So today, I will have spent abou$1000.00 to have the water in the barn fixed and 273 ft of fence redone with tposts to straighten out a line that the previous person did wrong. :hePart of my fence is over on Goobermooch's property. The other fence guy did that despite the fact that the corners were clearly marked and refused to fix it at his expense. :somad
Yeah, I should if sued, but really didnt have the money to spend for a lawyer.:hit
The fence dudes are gonna redo it properly and remove the wood posts that are there now. It will look so much nicer. :weee Goobermooch has never said anything about the overlap, but considering he trespasses all the time, screw him. :smack
Getting this done is gonna cost me $880. :ep The water repair was $145.00. Thanks, cows.:ya
Last year my goal was to have a certain amount saved in my savings account but have instead had to move it over to pay for car repairs, or something on the property. :duc I have also been forced to buy health insurance because my parents wont leave me the house if I dont have it. :idunno
Their reasons are understandable, but just mad that Im paying more for it than before. Obama lied.:rant
So, Im not able to save as much as I had before. I plan on retiring from grooming in about 3 to 4 more years, if I can hold out that long. My back, hands, and mental ability to handle the stress isnt what it used to be.
I used to love it. Now, I just dont want to do it anymore.
Im just getting too old for it. :old

But have to keep on. Im hoping to save about 100 grand before I stop. I have a Roth and regular IRA plus my savings. Not counting on SS when Im old enough to get it. :barnie

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can completely understand all of your concerns. I was trying to figure out what to say about your first few posts but wanted to mull it over before I jumped in.

I think we all have good days and bad days. Circumstances can make it easier to have what I call “blah” days. On these days, things that bring us down weigh heavily on us and it becomes like a vicious cycle where the woe is me starts and is difficult to get past. I’ve found that mine is brought on by hormones, stress, and exhaustion.

As long as you keep on keeping on, the past will make its way behind you and God will give you the strength to forgive. He doesn’t expect you to forget.

I truly hate that you have so many neighbor issues.

Retirement is a mess for so many. I doubt there will be any thing from the government by the time I’m of age. Definitely something I need to plan on having enough independently saved for. I can only imagine how stressful that would be with it being in the near future.

Obama lied about a lot of things...I’ll stop there.

Keep your chin up. You’ve found us and we will always be here for you!

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can completely understand all of your concerns. I was trying to figure out what to say about your first few posts but wanted to mull it over before I jumped in.

I think we all have good days and bad days. Circumstances can make it easier to have what I call “blah” days. On these days, things that bring us down weigh heavily on us and it becomes like a vicious cycle where the woe is me starts and is difficult to get past. I’ve found that mine is brought on by hormones, stress, and exhaustion.

As long as you keep on keeping on, the past will make its way behind you and God will give you the strength to forgive. He doesn’t expect you to forget.

I truly hate that you have so many neighbor issues.

Retirement is a mess for so many. I doubt there will be any thing from the government by the time I’m of age. Definitely something I need to plan on having enough independently saved for. I can only imagine how stressful that would be with it being in the near future.

Obama lied about a lot of things...I’ll stop there.

Keep your chin up. You’ve found us and we will always be here for you!

Ok. Lets try this again. Tried posting comment after each statement but it included it with your original post.:idunno I will figure it out.

I have good and bad days. I think sometimes its menapause related and it sucks. Its been 5 or 6 years since I stopped :weeebut the drawbacks are the paranoia and lack of energy I have some days.
I hate I have neighbor issues, too. Everything was fine til 3 years ago. :idunno Ive just decided I have better things to do. Guess there is nothing good on tv at his house. :duc
Im sure I will be able to retire from grooming in a few years. I just plan on taking some time off and then doing something else. I hate sitting around. Thought about pet sitting.
Obama.....:smack

And thank you for the chin up. I just hate being negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.