taylorm17

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Phoebe
59.jpg

BrownSheep

Lost in the flock
Reaction score
We have too many cats....We have a feral cat population and at the moment are probably feeding close to 50 cats. As of now all of the tame cats are fixed. We literally have a pallet of cat food. In my dad's words we have too many wild cats with names...Which is why unlike a lot of farms with similar feral cat problems we haven't shot any.

Right now we have 6 cats that come in and out of the house. They are mostly regulated to our laundry/mudroom. Our first indoor cat, Ratzy, came to us as an orphan with her eyes barely open.

Last edited:

HoneyDreameMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I love this thread! What cute, lovable kitties everyone has!

We have 7 outdoor cats - 4 are tame, 2 are semi-feral (they'll let us be around, but if we get too close they bolt), and one is absolutely feral (we are lucky to catch a glimpse of her). All of ours are rescues and have been spayed or neutered.

Peaches is our feral cat. This is the best of the two pictures we have of her. She's enough of a ninja I'm surprised we had any.
012.jpg

Blue is the cat we've had the longest, and he is only slightly less wild. He's has blue eyes and a bob tail. Even though I've been closer to him than this, this is the closest picture we've ever managed to get.
008.jpg

Calico used to run away as soon as she saw a human. She now cautiously follows us around with the other cats and will occasionally sniff hands or feet, but runs if you try to pet her. I know her name is far from original, but she was nameless for several weeks and started responding to "Calico," because that was how we identified her, so it stuck.
004 (2).jpg

Mr. Darcy got his name, because when we got him, he acted very regal and was not interested in associating with any of the other cats. True to his namesake, he eventually lost his stuck up attitude and now enjoys the company of all the other cats.
045 (3).jpg

Cheeto was semi-feral when we first got him, but you'd never guess it now. He's an absolute lovebug, and waits for me most mornings at the back door.
037.jpg

HoneyDreameMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Tiger and Romeo are our youngest - Romeo was 4 months when we rescued him, and Tiger not much more than a year old. They are best buddies and can almost always be found together.
023 (2).jpg

Tiger loves his people and always wants to be petted or held. If you're bending down to feed, muck or anything, he will try to jump on your shoulders so he can snuggle around your neck.

The kids gave Romeo his name, because he loves not only his people and fellow cats, but everyone in the barnyard. He rubs against goats that try to butt him in the head, he adores our LGDs, and he even plays with the guineas - has never injured a single one.

We love them all - they do a fantastic job keeping our barn and yard rodent free!

taylorm17

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That picture is so cute of them 'hugging'. It was funny when my cats were young, one was a girl and one was a boy we had left. They would run straight at each other ready to playfully attack, and then the girl would stop and just start cleaning him. Since he didn't have another male sibling to wrestle with, he moved onto his mom who wasn't nice to him like his sister was. He would jump on her back and wag his tail and run around her, then she would lash out at him! He is a very sweet cat even though his cat family doesn't like to play like he does! Great posts everyone! Keep em coming!:thumbsup

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is my DD useless cat. Yes he is useless- always has been.. a real wimp too. He thinks his only purpose in life is to be handsome and make my daughter happy. He has accomplished both of those things so he is a lifer! He is 8 years old.

SAM_6781_zps1d25d045.jpg

I'll have to find the pics of the good cat. LOL

Latest posts