redtailgal~weightloss~first goal 230

redtailgal

Reaction score
Daisychick! YAY! I didnt see your post before!

We can be skinny buddies!

I am a red hot momma, with an awesome bod hidden underneath this FAT!

What about you?

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
Daisychick! YAY! I didnt see your post before!

We can be skinny buddies!

I am a red hot momma, with an awesome bod hidden underneath this FAT!

What about you?
I think I'm hot somewhere under this fat. :lol: I lost 70 pounds back in 2006 due to an emotional train wreck of a divorce and the ironic thing was that I was sooooo happy with what I looked like. I just want to get back to that feel good about myself feeling. I saved my favorite jeans from that time and I SWEAR I WILL WEAR THEM sometime before I die. :D
I have to try and eat higher protein because carbs mess me up. My dad is diabetic and when I eat like his doctor has him eating I seem to lose weight. I think I am really carb sensitive. I do try to balance it though and not just do all protein. My dad's diet is basically 2 to 1, protein to "good carbs". My goal is to first lose weight to avoid getting diabetes and second to fit into those darn jeans!!!! I gained all my weight back by just plain being lazy and not watching what I put in my mouth at all, knowing that my thyroid fights me and I gain weight by looking at food. :/

redtailgal

Reaction score
a before pic: (but go to my journa l for the ultimate before pic)

2952_michealsgraduation5212011aej-71.jpg

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Your beautiful inside comes through much more in this pic than in your Hot Mama pic in your journal. RTG, I wish you luck in your quest to weight loss but you are beautiful just the way you are because what's inside it what makes you so.

Now a note / question:
I just saw today about the good bacteria in your gut and what role they play in your food / calorie / nutrient absorption. Did your doctors happen to mention anything about that? What I saw was discussing that fermented foods such as sauerkraut, kim chi and miso help to replenish the good bacteria. And that a lack of those good gut flora cause the gut to absorb too much bad stuff and not enough good stuff. It's kind of like what we do with our goats when we give Probios when they're on antibiotics or dewormers. It might be worth a discussion when you go back to the doctor.

redtailgal

Reaction score
Hmm. That is interesting.

I go back in a few weeks, and will ask about that then.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I'm seeing more and more of a correlation of what I do with my goats tying to what I (maybe) should be doing with my own body.

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You can do this! :woot Just keep in mind that your body is only your shell and your inside is what really matters. I love your sense of humor that you bring to your posts and I will be checking this thread daily! Keep up the good work Red! :celebrate

RPC

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Good luck RTG When I tried to quit smoking 2 years ago I gained 30 pounds in 2 months then I started smoking and after 11 months lost those 30 pounds. Just stick with your diet and exercise because in the end you will be so happy you did it. I have since quit smoking again and am past my 2 months and have not gained anything because I stuck to watching what I ate I feel awesome and soon you will too.

DKRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I applaud your endeavors, both to RTG & Daisychick! :clap
I will be following along, even if somewhat silently. I have a great curiosity for all things health/nutrition. The only problem is I have a terrible memory about it. I figure if I just keep reading about it maybe someday something will pop up and it will be of use. On that note... with Elevan mentioning the bacteria, I was reading an article in Dog World magazine about doggy nutrition and they mentioned feeding your dog prebiotics to keep the gut bacteria all healthy and active-like. So, me being me, I got to thinking "If it is good for the dogs, why not for me?" I did some research then, which was about a year ago, and don't remember very much at all. I DO remember that Dandilion greens was a really good prebiotic and I had planned on planting some for salads in my garden that we never got around to putting in this year. (everyone laughed at me for wanting to "plant" it because it is a crazy popular weed in every single yard around here, but I wanted some nice healthy ones that I know haven't been trod on by who knows what)
Anyways, just some "food for thought" :lol:

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Love the before pic and the ultimate before pic too! Look at all the courage you had posting your weight and a picture all in the same day!! :hugs