SA Farm's journal

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
No @Ridgetop I’m afraid the weasel was long gone before I got there. Might’ve made a nice addition to my wool hat or something though 😉

I think they’re cute anyway, @Bruce but I don’t think they’re so cute that I would have any difficulty protecting my animals from one!

Gorgeous sunset last night. Pic is a little murky through the window, but still pretty ☺️
CE6029E7-9ECD-43D6-B6A9-40DFDD90088E.jpeg

I have almost a dozen eggs collected for incubating, so I’m planning to fire up the bator next week. It fits 48 eggs, I think, so it’ll still be a small test run.
Sheepies were feeling springy today. Probably because it’s so mild and super sunny. Almost hard to see Kit it’s so bright!
76A631E6-EBAB-4F5D-9D87-ACD99878A5A3.jpeg
603458F6-8EBC-4C3F-BD61-8FCA82F9456E.jpeg

Now I’m going to try to convince DH that it’s nice enough out that we should go get some work done outside. I need that brooder shed finished 😁

Attachments

• FBCD8EE7-5DA4-4640-BF7C-C40489F7DF99.jpeg
    FBCD8EE7-5DA4-4640-BF7C-C40489F7DF99.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 54

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
See, this is why I keep looking into things, even when I think I’ve researched enough, there are always tidbits of useful information out there!
2D7DA3EE-1DA8-44AB-84C0-351EF92A7CBE.jpeg

So, that explains the hair. I’m thinking I’ll keep Foxy’a fleece and maybe eventually work enough of it for some kind of outer wear? I love the colour and I bet it would make for a really pretty light jacket sort of thing. We’ll see how it goes. I’m not prepared to learn to felt atm.

I did reserve some nice East Friesian fleeces for the end of the month. I’m hoping they’ll keep me busy along with my own fleeces for the next year 😋
I have way too much planned for this year lol. I hope I’m not going to overdo it again. I’ve definitely made better choices with my management and numbers this time around, but I still have a ways to go with being so impulsive.
I’m just glad we don’t have pigs yet :rolleyes:
A37521E8-2946-4947-81AE-A4F3DE7DECD2.jpeg

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have you found anything out about your back yet?
I actually laughed at your quip about hoping all those fleeces will keep you busy! Ummm, even without a toddler I imagine you are quite a busy woman, and Gary is probably not one of those little boys who will sit quietly for hours reading books :lol:.
Not that I have ever known any little boys like that.

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have you found anything out about your back yet?
I actually laughed at your quip about hoping all those fleeces will keep you busy! Ummm, even without a toddler I imagine you are quite a busy woman, and Gary is probably not one of those little boys who will sit quietly for hours reading books :lol:.
Not that I have ever known any little boys like that.
Nothing yet. I called my doc, but he’s booked up until next month and apparently can’t refer me for an MRI without an appointment, so I‘ ll just have to wait. The last hospital visit did get me a prescription for pain meds that are stronger than Advil but still safe to take while breastfeeding, so I’m just going to have to manage any other back attacks as best I can until who knows when :idunno
😂 I did say keep me busy for the next year, but, yeah, there’s always something to do around here 😁 I’m sure Gary will be the quietest, most well behaved, book loving boy there ever was :weee:lol:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think they’re cute anyway, @Bruce but I don’t think they’re so cute that I would have any difficulty protecting my animals from one!
We saw a stoat by the house November 2012 when our first birds were 5 months old. :eek:
I went down to the dirt floor stall converted to coop the next day, took up the rubber mats, laid down 1/2" hardware cloth stapled to the wall and put the mats back down.

It was really cute though with its black tipped tail, black eyes and nose. Haven't seen one since.

I’m sure Gary will be the quietest, most well behaved, book loving boy there ever was
How strong did you say those pain meds are?? I think you are hallucinating. ;)

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have a porch that needs a gate on the stairs, then it’ll be a great place to, uh, let him out to enjoy the fresh air 😉
:caf

Strange day today. Not sure what’s up with the critters. Found my Am rooster with a bloody saddle. No sign of predators...the hens beating up on him? Separated him so he can heal up.
Dingo was also acting strange, ramming the girls like there’s no tomorrow.
Spring fever all around? If he’s still at it tomorrow, I’ll separate him too 🙄
At least he didn’t try ramming me!
2CDBB24B-2075-497C-BF59-7D8561A74240.jpeg
6ACB14C6-1429-430D-8FB9-5A07A821AE5A.jpeg
998F32F7-42A2-4E43-8138-9E5966FE62A3.jpegYep. Had a turn head bonking each of them. Does Foxy look a little hefty on her right side in that last pic? 🤞
Have I mentioned that Foxy is my favourite? My girl 🥰
A76BAD75-D018-4AFC-80EC-F08DEE15BCF2.jpeg

Latest posts