SA Farm's journal

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @SA Farm,

I am now caught back up on your journal. You have been busy since the last time I read your journal, back in mid-January! How is your young son? How are you doing with your gall bladder issues? I had a gallbladder attack several years ago (still, much older than you). I elected to have surgery. I am glad not to have to deal with that any more.

You mentioned reading and writing books. Please for give me for not remembering if you have told us before, but what books are you reading and writing? Can we expect to see your books on the NY Times best seller list? That would be nice.

Let us all know how you are doing.

Senile Texas Aggie

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can you all believe my baby is a year old!!!!
:th
He is, indeed, a little boy now!
5F1E74AD-E86C-4AA5-BD76-1DAF8DDA8C8F.jpeg
Hi @Senile_Texas_Aggie :frow
Unfortunately my gallbladder is still acting up. I’ve tried every natural way I can find to stop the problem and have only managed to make the attacks slightly less long and painful. So, I think I am going to have to have it removed, unfortunately. With surgeries backed up thanks to covid, not sure when, but it’s on the to-do list now :(

I read and write kind of randomly when the mood strikes. I don’t think I’d ever be on a top seller list even if I did publish though! I doubt I ever mentioned it before. I’m proud of my work, but it never feels finished to me, so I just keep my stories to myself and share them with a few close friends and family members.
Maybe someday I’ll submit to a publisher or something, but not yet :)

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I read and write kind of randomly when the mood strikes. I don’t think I’d ever be on a top seller list even if I did publish though! I doubt I ever mentioned it before. I’m proud of my work, but it never feels finished to me, so I just keep my stories to myself and share them with a few close friends and family members.
Maybe someday I’ll submit to a publisher or something, but not yet

I am sure they would be quite entertaining and would sell quite well. My Beautiful Gal and I just finished the book Mischief Farm by Hilary Burton Morgan. She is an actress who starred in several TV programs. I had never heard of her before so it meant nothing to me. But she told of her and her husband Jeff Morgan's adventures at their farm near Rhinebeck NY. It was quite entertaining to read. But I bet your stories would be just as interesting. I hope your current intimate readers will convince you to publish the stories. I will be among the first to buy a copy.

It is hard to believe that your son is now a year old! Wow! I am sure you are very proud of him. I am also sure that he keeps you on your toes! ;)

Promise to write more often!

Senile Texas Aggie

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
I tried writing a few months ago, but I didn’t have enough time to really get into it with baby needing me frequently. When I write, I need to be able to lose myself in it the same way you would when reading a really good story. Otherwise it lacks a certain amount of depth and the flow can suffer.
Anyway, no promises to write more right now, but I can promise that I’ll never actually stop writing :)

Animals are doing well, starting to pare down for fall and winter. I still have to wait on a few gender confirmations with some chickens before I can confidently cull anyone there, but ducks are down to a trio and I have some turkeys advertised.

Day before yesterday, I heard some mewling that I wrote off as being a bird. Several hours later, I was still hearing it, so I went to investigate and found 4 little kittens around 2 weeks old! There’s been a few cats killed on the road recently, so I figured mama cat had been one of them. I took them inside, cleaned them and fed them a little something something and put them back out. Kept an eye out for several more hours and no mama cat.
Finally had to accept that they were orphans, but without the time or inclination to raise them along with everything else I have on my plate, I cared for them overnight and delivered them to a rescue in the morning.
B9B854EF-C3C6-48D9-8197-7BE4F6C713D5.jpeg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad you found the kittens and applaud you for knowing that you just did not have the time etc to take care of them properly. This way, they have a chance... and will get fixed so as to not add to the overpopulation either when they finally get old enough to get placed somewhere.... KUDOS to you.

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious 😆

Anyway, DH, baby, and I all had Covid last week. Baby and I sailed through quite easily, but DH has a few health problems and had a more difficult time. Fortunately not bad enough to be hospitalized, so we did pretty good all-in-all.
I have to say...really weird to lose my sense of smell. Made it annoying to have to check baby all the time since I couldn’t just smell that he needed a diaper change!

Animals did fine while we were sick. I was able to go out every day to feed and water even on my worst two days. For me, personally, having Covid really wasn’t any worse than any other flu I’ve had.

DH wants me to cull back the sheep next year. I think the lack of lambs really disappointed him (and me), so I think I’ll have some hard choices to make in the spring. I’m thinking/hoping that Dingo was just too immature to breed last fall. Right now I have Dingo separated with Woolfie. I’m planning to put him back with the other 3 ewes in mid-October so we don’t get lambs too early (other than possibly Woolfie).

Fall bird culling is in the works. Grow outs being culled hard this month so I don’t have too many to winter. Planning on about 6 chickens, 5 turkeys, and the 2 female ducks to keep. And, of course, the 5 sheep. I think that’s enough 😎