SassyLegacy - Horse journal

SassyLegacy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hey guys join me on my horse journey! First of all I’ll introduce myself and my horses a little more. I have a 11 year old mare named Cactus. She is a very snobby girl but I trust my life with her. I’ve had her for 8 years and I don’t regret a minute of it! Next up is Ringo. He is a 14 year old gelding that I just got this summer. He is very sweet and calm and LOVES apple treats. I got my username because Sassy was the name of my 2 year old bay filly who was put down because of a skin disease. I loved her but sadly she had to go. Legacy is part of Ringo’s papered name and I thought SassyLegacy sounded pretty cool. I’ll post every once in a while about something that happened or anything else!! :) :D

Ringo
0F378917-D60B-4F6E-A805-24AD5BB474B4.jpeg

Cactus
3F78C34F-11DC-4974-8DC1-F74A21B0E0DB.jpeg

SassyLegacy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I’m going to go ride Ringo in a bit so I’ll tell you how that goes. Also this weekend I’m going to ride Cactus. It’s a big deal because I haven’t rode her in about 6 months!! She hasn’t been at my house for a while since we were pretty squished with horses. Don’t worry I have been seeing her still it’s just she had a very very long break. Her and my sisters horse Star were out in a pasture together that whole time but Star was rode a few times.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I ride, it is down the county roads. There is no open land to ride on and we don't exactly have much in the way of trails on 8 acres that is fenced into pastures. LOL There is a wilderness area in the next county with riding trails, but I have no one to ride with.

SassyLegacy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
When I ride, it is down the county roads. There is no open land to ride on and we don't exactly have much in the way of trails on 8 acres that is fenced into pastures. LOL There is a wilderness area in the next county with riding trails, but I have no one to ride with.
Yeah I just ride in the arena that’s at my house or out in the vineyards. It’s very peaceful to just go out by myself and ride. I don’t have anyone to ride with either. I normally ride by myself which gets boring, but sometimes my dad or sister will come ride. My sister is always at volleyball practice though and she is not a big fan of riding like I am.

SassyLegacy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Cactus is back! I did some barrels on her today and my friend can over and rode with me. She hasn’t rode since she was eight but she was still pretty good! It was super fun to ride with someone. I think I got her hooked on horses, but like, who wouldn’t be hooked!

SassyLegacy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Sorry I haven’t said anything for a while, I’ve been pretty busy. I know this is called my horse journal but why not tell you more about me. I am in school at the moment, and I was online for this whole year and now I’m going back 5 days a week tomorrow which will make me even busier which is going to be horrible. Anyway, about horses, I am going to start jumping Ringo, but I don’t have an English saddle yet so we just have been going over little poles that I have. I just rode Cactus again today because we had to go to some stuff with our cows, and she was super alive. Some of you might not know what jigging is but she does it a lot when she is excited. Jigging is we’re they are walking but trotting at the same time and it is very uncomfortable and annoying but at the end she finally stopped. If anyone has any advice on anything I would surely appreciate it!

Jumping Ringo:
F44FD186-97FA-4296-8B30-2834AF3F2514.jpeg