Selenium and Vit E Gel for llamas

TGreenhut

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Has anyone used a Selenium and Vit E Gel for llamas, rather than BoSe. I can't get BoSe so I have always given Selenium and Vit E Gel to my goats. I find that it does work as long as you follow the directions and give it monthly. But what I'm asking is: Do you think it'd be ok to give the same paste (specifically Kaeco Selenium and Vitamin E Gel for Goats) to my llama as a supplement?

Goatherd

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I've not used the gel specifically, so can't give first hand information, but I would think that if you get the llama minerals specifically, you probably wouldn't need the gel.
I can't imagine the using the gel on the llama being a problem if you do choose to use it.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
It probably would be fine. I have always just used BoSe so I have no first hand experience with it.

TGreenhut

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. In case your wondering why I have so many questions suddenly, I just got a new llama and I'm making sure she is up to health standards :)

TGreenhut

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yep :). I sold my two males because they were unfriendly (actually mean!) and didn't guard. This time I bought a trained female guard llama that is as sweet as can be! She might be pregnant and I know that they don't guard when they have a cria to care for, but my goats are locked in the barn at night and I also have guard emus so guarding isn't a major concern.