Spotty lambs 2020

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
How many do you have total in your flock ? I am so loving the looks of them and wanting one for a pet lol, every time you put the pictures up I run to show my husband them and we just admire their unique markings :love

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
How many do you have total in your flock ? I am so loving the looks of them and wanting one for a pet lol, every time you put the pictures up I run to show my husband them and we just admire their unique markings :love

That's a dangerous question! According my computer here are my mature animal numbers: 6 angora goat does, 1 buck (who is sold last year but is still here for some reason), 12 cormo ewes, 2 cormo rams, 2 cvm romeldale ewes, 1 cvm ram, 20 jacob ewes, 2 jacob rams. Then a bunch of yearlings that are just farting around waiting for freezer camp, or for me to pick my keepers and sell the rest. Two of the cormo ewes, three of the jacobs and a goat are very old or can't lamb anymore and are just hanging out. I usually eat mature cull ewes but when they're 10+ years old and have had long, productive lives I just can't bring myself to turn them into dog food.

It's definitely a downsizing year! I'll be selling starter flocks, breeding trios, and giving away some younger retired pet ewes. I can make your spotty sheep dreams come true :p

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I see a road trip in B&B’s future! Would you really leave Leon all alone with canebreak rattlesnakes just waiting for him to stick a toe outdoors? BWA HA HA HA!

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
That's a dangerous question! According my computer here are my mature animal numbers: 6 angora goat does, 1 buck (who is sold last year but is still here for some reason), 12 cormo ewes, 2 cormo rams, 2 cvm romeldale ewes, 1 cvm ram, 20 jacob ewes, 2 jacob rams. Then a bunch of yearlings that are just farting around waiting for freezer camp, or for me to pick my keepers and sell the rest. Two of the cormo ewes, three of the jacobs and a goat are very old or can't lamb anymore and are just hanging out. I usually eat mature cull ewes but when they're 10+ years old and have had long, productive lives I just can't bring myself to turn them into dog food.

It's definitely a downsizing year! I'll be selling starter flocks, breeding trios, and giving away some younger retired pet ewes. I can make your spotty sheep dreams come true :p
Sounds like me when people ask how many chickens I have. My goats I can still count on one hand.

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
The oldest batch of lambs got vaccinated on Friday and I decided to get pictures of all the jacobs for reference and to start deciding who to sell. They were not especially cooperative.

Holly- I'm probably keeping her because someone wants to buy her mom, and her aunt Pistachio, who I sold last year, has come back to me
A8iYMyYl.jpg

Admiral- Might have a buyer (or two buyers fighting over him)
OjskCGVl.jpg

Apollo- Someone has dibs on him too.
m5315ZXl.jpg

Fortune- I can't believe no one has snapped at him yet, but he has broken both laterals like a goober. If he doesn't sell right away he'll be my show ram for the year (if any of the shows actually run).
qmm10nPl.jpg

Irish- Despite his ridiculous emoji face he's a pretty nicely built ram with good horns so far.
iHYWuSjl.jpg

Carolina- She's a big girl! Easily the biggest of the ewe lambs.
OX528DNl.jpg

Monarch- He's a peewee but I think he's got a lot of potential. Nice markings, lovely fleece, chill personality.
cHhBP6ul.jpg

Melba- She's got a home lined up already.
BG16I9Kl.jpg

9 and 10 are the cormos who were in a different part of the barn and didn't get pictures taken. They're your classic big, white, fluffy lambs.

Jester- I like his body but I'm not sure about his horns so I'll need to watch him longer before making any decisions.
77f8AuCl.jpg

Jubilee- Probably the least cooperative lamb and really didn't show off how nice looking she actually is. If I didn't already have 2 Jewel daughters I'd probably keep her.
24iMjdZl.jpg

Spartan- It took me almost 2 months of bemoaning his poor horn spacing to realize he actually has 5 horns. He probably won't cut it as a registered ram but might have a home as an unregistered breeder.
sYzDmwXl.jpg

Keepsake- Still has weird fleece but I love her pedigree and am selling her mom so she's staying.
jw4dc9hl.jpg

Kent- Still so fuzzy wuzzy! I have no idea what that fleece is going to do and he has terminal crazyface but someone was interested in him anyway. His horns are nice at least.
k6ryRlvl.jpg

Dulcet- I always get her and her sister confused. she has the better fleece though and is probably staying because her mom is retiring
4zFs1zpl.jpg

Duchess- She's built a little better and is larger than her sister but her fleece is less even.
sHHuo24l.jpg

Pacific- My big blue boy! He's staying barring his horns going completely stupid over the next few months. I could nitpick his spotting and need to watch for freckles but his fleece is so even and gorgeous.
eed0FHdl.jpg

Rival- He and his sister aren't the biggest, showiest lambs because their mom is 11 but I think he has a lot of potential. He might have a junior shepherd home lined up.
Rc6i2TDl.jpg

Rosette- Long body, lovely fleece, I'm trying to remind myself that I don't need to keep all of the Reba daughters, especially since someone is giving me a mature ewe related to her this year
FBuJT7Pl.jpg

Rubens- This boy is trouble! Big for his britches and knows he's a handsome guy. If something is going on you know he's going to be in the middle of it.
u5sk8f3l.jpg

Winston was actually too young to get vaccinated. He, Bess and Beacon will be done in a month when the others are getting their booster. He's so huge and handsome I needed to get a picture of him though. I wish he was either a girl or less related to everyone so I could keep him.
WGz7SZhl.jpg

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I know this thread is kinda old, but I'm thinking about getting some Jacob sheep and was just drooling over your babies. So cute!