Straightening out a trailer?

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So, this happened at 9:16 this morning. :)

Actually started at 9 last night, went to the hospital at 2 AM and stalled for the rest of the night at about halfway. stalled as in no progress, still had contractions all night every 3 minutes. I was praying for the anesthesiologist, and told him he was my hero after the epidural. I didn't even need one last time.
I had some problems, blood pressure was way low, she had passed meconium into the amniotic fluid, and she was distressed from the prolonged go nowhere labor.

She is 7 lbs 10 oz, which is a tie with my oldest daughter for biggest baby. we get to go home tomorrow. :)

Attachments

• KIMG0045.JPG
    KIMG0045.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 74

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congratulations. Did labor progress after the epidural or did you have to have a c-section?

I still remember 12 hours of contractions every 3 minutes and that was 32 years ago. I also remember the technician wanting to draw some blood and I told him he had exactly 3 minutes and that the needle had better not be in my arm when the next contraction started. He was quick. ;) I was at a birthing center so all he dealt with were pregnant women and I can bet I'm not the only one that threatened him with great bodily harm if he wasn't fast and accurate; no second attempts allowed.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Look at that head full of hair! :clap:hugs Glad you and daughter are well and headed home. No working on straightening a trailer for you for a few days (@ least a week!)! You take care and get some R & R now, ya hear?!

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Babs, normal delivery, they just pumped me up with oxytocin but I wasn't going for that until I had pain meds. I didn't even go in for the first 5 hours, I waited until I was really less than 5 min apart which usually means you're almost done. No, I was only at 3 after 6 hours, got to 4 around 3 AM, and then nothing until 7 or so this morning. My OB said he came to his office at 3 because he was sure I'd be fast, and he was surprised I took as long as I did too.

I'm totally taking it easy now. My back is killing me from the labor and epidural, so I don't mind taking the Norco they give me and napping on and off with the little one all day.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You people are no fun, I was going to suggest it will now be easier for her to work on the trailer today since she is no longer ready to deliver any minute! ;)

Congrats @AClark so glad you and the baby are doing well. Sorry for the long labor but still better than having to recover from a C section.

:hugsfor you, the baby and the rest of the family.

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congratulations!! Such a sweet little girl, and now you have a good reason to take it easy for awhile - enjoy! :)