Stripes Kidding Thread

Jenn27

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
How is Stripes today?? Hope she kids today for you! :fl :pop :caf

StarSpangledNubians

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Still nothing:barnie I was going to say she is looking close tonight... but... I'm not gonna say she is looking close till I see hooves.

She had a small prolapse when I went outside to check on her a few hours ago. It went back in on its own after a few minutes, so I'm not too worried about it.

Her udder continues to shrink

This was about 1 almost 2 weeks ago (sorry about the filter it was a very dark picture and I needed something to make it brighter)
_20170303_103308.JPG

This was 2 days ago
_20170315_205608.JPG

At this point she has almost no bag at all! I will clip her back end tomorrow to see what it looks like under her fur. I was going to clip her a few days ago but never got around to it. I will try and get some good pictures of her tomorrow after I trim her.

Stripes who refused to go sleep in the warm barn with everyone else.
IMG_20170315_204215913.jpg

Jenn27

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That is odd. Hope you figure out what is going on soon. You said that there were twins seen on an ultrasound, right?

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would do a test, Im thinking if she is pregnant she is not as far as you thought. Has she been bred before?

StarSpangledNubians

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes, i was told she had at least one but it is very likely there is 2 in there. Her blood test I took at about 2 months after she was in with the buck also came back positive. I was also definitely able to feel kids about 3 weeks ago.

I have no clue what is happening! This has never happened to me before. I am giving her 5 cups of grain a day, the only thing that happened since the udder went down, is that I slowly took her grain down to 4 cups but after I realized her bag I brought it back to 5 cups. My only worry right now is that the kids have died possibly by getting rammed by my other Nubian but I though she would have aborted if they were dead.

She didn't fill her bag till after the birth last year. This will be her 4th freshening if I remember correctly.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, i was told she had at least one but it is very likely there is 2 in there. Her blood test I took at about 2 months after she was in with the buck also came back positive. I was also definitely able to feel kids about 3 weeks ago.

I have no clue what is happening! This has never happened to me before. I am giving her 5 cups of grain a day, the only thing that happened since the udder went down, is that I slowly took her grain down to 4 cups but after I realized her bag I brought it back to 5 cups. My only worry right now is that the kids have died possibly by getting rammed by my other Nubian but I though she would have aborted if they were dead.

She didn't fill her bag till after the birth last year. This will be her 4th freshening if I remember correctly.
You give her five cups of grain?! I dont know much about goats but do you think maybe you're overfeeding her