Sweetened's 2016 kidding thread

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
Im of the mindset: if I dont want horns, Ill breed polled. One of my polled does killed a kid I introduced when I first got into goats. Rammed him to death while I was in the house and was tossing around his floppy body around. If a goat wants to do damage, it doesnt need horns. When we lost goats to dogs, I wished they would have used their horns but they didn't.

Its the same with our cows. If they want to kill or hurt you, they will do so with or without horns. We will get our bulls horns tipped if they end up too pointy, but wont have them removed.

Absolutely to each their own. I dont judge why other people do it.

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
This is exactly what poplar and lavender gave last year. I am thinking only twins for daisy. Shes such a small goat and shes about the same size, belly wise, as poplar. Who is bigger... so i guess maybe!
A good sign maybe that I guessed it then? LOL!

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
Approximately 2 weeks out from earliest date, here are updated pictures.

Lavender
tmp_9259-20151228_184302-11454197440.jpg

Daisy -- im pretty sure this gal lost her plug, she may surprise me and kid first, her lady bits are looking all loose and saggy, and sticky. Forgot sticky. Ligs are easoly found, much to her agitation. I love this little thing, shes SO short!
tmp_9259-20151228_184101-1-856253749.jpg

Poplar -- has started sitting like a dog. Looks surprisingly uncomfortable even though shes not huge.
tmp_9259-20151228_184049-1-928851507.jpg

Gardenia - shes laying down in their bedding box, but seriously, how uncomfortable! While i have moved a tire for her to get a leg up, she refuses to use it. Hops in, gets her belly caught, and waggles those back legs until she hikes her rear end over. May have to start seperating her, that makes me want to panic. Shes super uncomfortable though. The past couple days, her rumen side has been significantly different in shape. Some moments she looks massive, other times not AS. I ca only suspect the kids are moving, but ive never seen or felt it, try as I might, and shes pretty patient.
tmp_9259-20151228_184042-1852997552.jpg

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
They all look huge! Uncomfortable is probably an understatement. I bet they'll be glad to unload! Gettin' close! :fl all goes well and you have a bunch of doelings!

Last edited:

sadieml

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I came back on the site just to post my kidding guesses (and they truly are guesses, since I have no 1st hand knowledge, yet) based solely on the pics and kidding history you gave us, and then I see this latest pic of Daisy and think I'm nuts. Anyway, I'm gonna post what I wrote down as is and let the cards fall where they may. ;);)

#1 - Gardenia quints 2 doelings/3 bucklings
#2 - Poplar trips 1 doeling / 2 bucklings
#3 - Lavender quads 3 doelings/1 buckling
#4 - Daisy quads 2 doelings/2 bucklings

I was wrong about Stella's pups, and I'm probably wrong here, too, but no worries. It's all just for fun anyway!:plbb Just noticed I guessed 8 doelings/ 8 bucklings. For your sake, I hope for more doelings. I guess now it's just a waiting game. I don't know how you stand the wait! :barnie But it won't really be that long, now. :weeeSooo exciting!!!

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
don't you love to play with baby bellies. mama's get so tired of me bouncing them to feel baby kicks. they look so miserable. hope they pop soon.

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
I chose to seperate lavender this morning. She has slimmed down significantly, mushy/hard to find ligs, flappy genitals, with her vulva pointing almost directly outward, and she let me touch her... without grain involved. Ultimately, what made me move her was that i saw and heard her make a couple pushing grunts, like contractions. Sporadic, about 3 in 15 minutes, and when shes up, shes squatting to pee and dropping a couple berries every few minutes. I dont know these goats, but, while I debated and debated, my gut said no, set her up. So she is. Shes not happy about it, but she is.

Latest posts