Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Speaking of seafood, I Emailed a lobster pound up in Maine yesterday evening. My daughter is flying down here on the 23rd and I'm hoping they can package up some lobsters and steamers for her to check with her luggage. :drool Not sure but think that will be cheaper than shipping. Just hope the baggage doesn't get "lost" in transit. Love grilled swordfish... :drool

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We went to a seafood buffet that everyone bragged on......It was fried chicken tenders and fried catfish. :barnie Catfish may certainly be SEEfood, but it sure ain't SEAfood. We won't go back.:\

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is why I have gentle sheep. A mean ram won’t work here. She is enamored with the Sheep. She starts yelling Baa Baa Baa before she even gets here and heads straight to the Sheep lot. While most of them move out of her way, I have 2 ewes that love attention and will stand for her to love on them.

1A505661-1AE9-438D-9B0D-A5DC5025DC50.jpeg

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Too cute! I love her lil boots!

That's about all of the reason you need to have sheep. :)

I'm curious to see how our Wild Things ram lamb will grow out. So far he isn't the least bit pushy and hopefully he will pick up on Ringo's attitude. I pulled him off his dam about 7-10 days earlier than normal but he was already picking up his dam when nursing and you could tell she was ready to be done. I have never seen a ram as laid back as Ringo but the farm we bought him from had several rams and they were all like that.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ram attitude is one of the reasons I have gotten off the Dorper breed and want to go with registered Katahdins. I have heard from several people that their rams are fairly easy to manage. But Ringo is at the head of the class. I hope Wild Thing’s ram lamb takes after Ringo.

Latest posts