Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Something got one of our hens last night and I'm suspecting a racoon since it got it in one of the coops. We locked the chickens down and set out two traps. It seems if you get rid of one or two predators that others just move in but I'll get rid of those one or two also. I guess that's how the cycle works.
This is about the time juveniles are forced to move on and establish another territory....the more "foodsource" that is available, the #s are supported....since they will eat any and every thing....they will never be eliminated.....my thoughts have been along the lines of your way of thinking....I dealt with them when they showed up to....:)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is about the time juveniles are forced to move on and establish another territory....the more "foodsource" that is available, the #s are supported....since they will eat any and every thing....they will never be eliminated.....my thoughts have been along the lines of your way of thinking....I dealt with them when they showed up to....:)

I still have about 10 tree rats to get rid of. :)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
You'll never get a squirrel to eat tain't meat....they eat nuts, seeds, grains, fruits, berries and plant material....get a pump BB gun, BBs and/or Pellets.....have "target practice" and some wonderful squirrel dinner....don't worry so much about your aim....cause, even a "blind" squirrel finds a "nut" evey now and then.....:)

Latest posts