Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know they stopped updating security on it but are the hackers going to keep trying to attack old systems when there are many more new ones where they can make a bigger splash? Better safe than sorry I guess.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The cucumber plants had succumbed to the heat so we pulled them out last week and I went out and tilled that bed this morning before the heat got up there. Our tomatoes are starting to slow down so I went out and picked a half dozen suckers and potted them up this morning also. Based on our normal frost date we should be able to harvest a good number of green tomatoes to take us well into winter. Every time we have done that we have had tomatoes going into December or even later.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We pulled out the watermelon vines so we can plant green beans but I'm going to miss the melons that we had been getting.

We have been thinking about getting another 10x10 dog kennel to replace the one that got taken out by straight line winds last year. We don't really need it but it sure came in handy for bottle lambs. The price on those have literally double in the last two years. We paid under $200 when we bought the one we had and that included a cover and frame for the cover. They are $450 right now so for that I'll make a shelter under the shop shelter.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
There were several of the tomato plants that were obviously threw so we pulled them today and worked the soil. We will plant the suckers that we just started in their place.

Maisy takes a daily grooming to keep her mats in check. About thirty seconds after I finish combing her, she is finding something to roll in and get more mats. I made the mistake a couple of weeks ago of using the comb on my #5 ewe who is also the herd queen. Now whenever I try to comb out mats from Maisy, 5 will put herself right in the way to make sure she gets her share.

Last edited: