Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
being a vaccine (that isn't a vaccine)
I'm curious what you consider a vaccine and why you don't think that the J&J (traditional), Moderna and Pfizer (new technology) are not vaccines?

You don't think Whiskey liked his name?

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
A vaccine provides immunity to the disease it is designed to prevent. If you got the polio vaccine, you would not get polio. If you got the pertussis vaccine you would not get whooping cough.

Screenshot_20210906-105003.png

The Covid "vaccine" does not provide immunity. It lessens the symptoms, supposedly. But I know at least three people personally, who got BOTH shots, and were considered "fully vaccinated", as in at least two weeks had passed after the second shot, who still came down with Covid.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
How serious were the symptoms in these 3 people? Did any of them end up in the hospital? Need O2?

None of the vaccines in use claim to give "immunity" in 100% of the people who get them. At 90+% both the mRNA vaccines are far more efficacious than the annual flu vaccine.

I just looked for info on the pneumonia vaccine since I'm now 65 and it is suggested for people with my advanced level of "experience" ;)
Although the pneumonia shots will not prevent a person from ever getting pneumonia, they may help in reducing cases of invasive pneumococcal diseases.

So I guess the question is what exactly is the definition of a "vaccine"? It doesn't seem to be "it will block the virus from entering your body" because if that is the case, there are probably no, or very few, vaccines in existence and we need a new name.

In the definition you quoted they use the flu vaccine as an example and we all know it is way less than 100% effective yet it is called a vaccine. You can still get the flu if you've had the vaccine but presumably, like the Covid vaccine, the symptoms would be less if than if you didn't get the flu vaccine. Your immune system has been "warned" has set up some defenses and is at least somewhat able to fend off the intruder. I don't see the difference between the flu and Covid vaccines in that regard.

Presumably if the vaccine works 100% in an individual the virus is kept from replicating. If it mostly works, it keeps it from replicating at the same level it would without the vaccine. Then there are those not in the "90%+ effective" group. Unfortunately there is no physical marking that tells if it did or did not work in an individual.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We picked and processed a bunch of Bell Peppers today for the freezer. We use a lot of these things and we are close to having enough to last until next season. As always we freeze them overnight then pack in vacuum bags.

Attachments

• Bell peppers 6 Sep 2021.JPG
    Bell peppers 6 Sep 2021.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Bell peppers rdy for freezer 6 Sep 2021.JPG
    Bell peppers rdy for freezer 6 Sep 2021.JPG
    287.2 KB · Views: 69

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We put in 20 plants originally and added a couple more later and they all did great. We do use a lot but we also give one of the neighbors enough of several things to take them through winter and it helps their budget a bit.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I realize that, I guess it wasn't obvious in my comment. That would be the one I think people should be taking, under doctor's supervision, rather than self medicating, guessing at dosage and frequency, with what they get at TSC.
I agree with this statement, but because doctors will not prescribe it, people turn to the animal ivermectin. It is criminal that this country will not use this drug to save lives. I will not go into a rant on our corrupt government in the pocket of big pharma. Can't make money on a cheap drug.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
How serious were the symptoms in these 3 people? Did any of them end up in the hospital? Need O2?

None of the vaccines in use claim to give "immunity" in 100% of the people who get them. At 90+% both the mRNA vaccines are far more efficacious than the annual flu vaccine.

I just looked for info on the pneumonia vaccine since I'm now 65 and it is suggested for people with my advanced level of "experience" ;)
Although the pneumonia shots will not prevent a person from ever getting pneumonia, they may help in reducing cases of invasive pneumococcal diseases.

So I guess the question is what exactly is the definition of a "vaccine"? It doesn't seem to be "it will block the virus from entering your body" because if that is the case, there are probably no, or very few, vaccines in existence and we need a new name.

In the definition you quoted they use the flu vaccine as an example and we all know it is way less than 100% effective yet it is called a vaccine. You can still get the flu if you've had the vaccine but presumably, like the Covid vaccine, the symptoms would be less if than if you didn't get the flu vaccine. Your immune system has been "warned" has set up some defenses and is at least somewhat able to fend off the intruder. I don't see the difference between the flu and Covid vaccines in that regard.

Presumably if the vaccine works 100% in an individual the virus is kept from replicating. If it mostly works, it keeps it from replicating at the same level it would without the vaccine. Then there are those not in the "90%+ effective" group. Unfortunately there is no physical marking that tells if it did or did not work in an individual.
I'm not interested in continuing this debate, on this thread when Mike already said it was not welcome. I posted the definition because you asked for one, and to provide my knowledge of three people's experience. Redefining terms to mean something new has been happening more and more in politics and I disagree with the practice. The flu vaccine only protects against the specific strains it was designed for, again supposedly. If you get the flu, after receiving a flu shot, does the doctor take a sample and tell you which strain you contracted? No, they tell you to go home, rest, and intake fluids. I guess my trust level is lower than yours, but I'm tired of being tricked, lied to, and gas lighted regarding my health and health decisions.

Latest posts