Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I missed another good picture. When I was coming back up from feeding the dogs, this whole group of lambs were inside the doghouse but I didn't get the camera fast enough. I really need to get a video of Mel coming out of the doghouse as the door was made with Maisy in mind so Mel almost has to crawl out of it. He doesn't go in when it's cold but he uses it when the Sun is beating down.

Attachments

• Lambs 14 Dec 2021.JPG
    Lambs 14 Dec 2021.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Lambs2 14 Dec 2021.JPG
    Lambs2 14 Dec 2021.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 66

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That’s too cute, lambs packed in the doghouse! Haha!

I got to looking for the sheep one day, they were grazing the yard and just disappeared! I went looking for them and called them, they were under the trailers in the holes the dogs dug! It was a hot day. LOL

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I missed another good picture.
We need to install the bionic eye camera in you!

He doesn't go in when it's cold but he uses it when the Sun is beating down.
Built like a chicken, wearing the warm coat year round. Have to hide from the sun. The alpacas are the same. They'll spend most of the day in the barn in the summer but in the winter they'll come in for "snacks" (maintenance pellets and sweet feed) with ice or snow on them.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are going out to set up the electric netting from the handling area to the gate up the hill so we can bring the sheep in tomorrow. Several of the ram lambs are getting close to market weight plus we have a couple of the ewes that will be culled and we want to pull some fecals. There is a good chance of rain but having the chute under the roof makes it where it doesn't matter since it's going to be fairly warm (rain or no rain).

Posting a picture I took a little while ago just because she is a cutey. Tally is the little no longer wild female is looking in the living room window. Whiskey is beside her but not in the frame.

Attachments

• Tally at the window 15 Dec 2021.JPG
    Tally at the window 15 Dec 2021.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 66

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used to buy in bulk by the pickup load for cattle grain for the goat milkers. I wonder if the mill is still there. It 1 1/2 house away but only half hour past the auction. I used to do a complete run with dropping off auction animals and picking up feed, dairy items at the dairy supply store, etc. A full 6 hours round trip with no stopping. Had to do the run between school drop off and school pickup.

Mike, you and Teresa should have lamb early in January when prices will be good. What weight do you aim for to take to auction for best prices?

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Teresa was coming back from an errand this afternoon and the yearling flock were all lined up to see what was happening. Three of this bunch is supposedly pregnant but they only have two weeks to show some results. This is the most prolonged lambing we have ever had.

The other picture one of those that needs to be posted. The skittish little Tally wants loving so much that she can't stand it. She starts rubbing on our legs but then just can't stand it and grabs on for all it's worth. :)

I don't remember if I posted or not but the third feral kitten has gotten tame enough that she is now called Grace. The 4th is still coming around so we are still working on that.

Attachments

• 16 Dec 2021.jpg
    16 Dec 2021.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 16 Dec2 2021.jpg
    16 Dec2 2021.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 70

Latest posts