Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The sheep all lined up to see what's going on is so cute. Nosy and curious, they just have to SEE! LOL

I want a cat. Paris was a cat killer. Heck, she was an anything killer. I will miss her snake killer abilities. But maybe someday I can start with a kitten and teach the dogs that it is mine, I like it and for them not to eat it. I won't try that as long as I'm in the rent house, it is right on a 2 lane state highway. It would be a smushed kitty. I'll wait until I find home.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We use 4 concrete blocks to hold our portable canopy in place but there have been so much wind recently that we put it away temporarily. We left the blocks on the pad in front of the house and they have turned into toys for the cats. They play kill those dangerous ropes and will play fight with each other in the holes of the blocks. The white and dark cat is Grace. She had been so flighty that she wasn't around much to get pictures of until recently.

Attachments

• Whiskey and Grace 17 Dec 2021.JPG
    Whiskey and Grace 17 Dec 2021.JPG
    218.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Whiskey and Grace2 17 Dec 2021.JPG
    Whiskey and Grace2 17 Dec 2021.JPG
    222.6 KB · Views: 63

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We used to buy sour dough loughs of bread (no yeast) in a specialty store in Savannah, but we haven't been able to find a vendor since we moved here. She was browsing the other day and found the maker of the bread we used to get but they only sell wholesale which we can do but the case arrived today with 16 loaves. It freezes well so she can keep some and send some to the daughter (who also cannot have yeast).

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Score!!! Score on the bread, that is great. All the bread substitutes in the world still don’t match up to bread. Glad Teresa found real sourdough bread!

Kittens are so amusing and cute. All the cat videos online are a testament to that. I know those kitties are making you smile!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The bottle lambs are being cut back on the number of bottles and the amount since they are getting way to fat. Little Bit is old enough to wean but we will do it slowly along with the other two but they are all getting creep feed. Missy the ewe has become the most vocal of all of our sheep since she got feed several times a day after her surgery but only once a day since we started letting her out in the morning.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm really starting to wonder if the last three ewes are actually pregnant. If they get past the 30th, the weren't bred but we shall see.

The bottle lambs are doing well and Little Bit is just about weaned. Toby seems to be self weaned as he doesn't come in when we go down with the bottles. He is a pig on the creep feeder so that is normal. He is close to around 50 pounds now so he is a prime candidate for the sale. We will probably take a bunch to the sale in the next couple of weeks.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Little Bit is down to two ounces twice a day with a little less at each feeding. Babs is still a little piglet but we are also cutting her down some. Toby at five weeks old has decided that he would prefer being left to hang out with his buddies and is self weaned. He figured out pretty fast that if he came for his bottle he would have to go in the stall. I have tried seeing if he wanted the bottle outside but he wasn't taking any chances. He is already getting fat on the creep feed.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We usually share the cooking but Teresa is on a roll so I'm staying out of the way. She is doing a couple of vegetable dishes, baked potatoes and a standing rib roast. She cooks enough food on Christmas Day to feed the whole family even though they aren't here. We did do a Zoom family get together and that is always a good thing.

Latest posts