Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
What kind of system is it that both are outside?
Son was quoted a higher price, made a cash offer of $6500 and it was accepted. Still a LOT of money!

They are called Packaged HVAC Systems. Everything is contained in the outside unit. When we gutted the house there was no AC or heat other than a few small propane units and there was no place to put anything inside the house. The previous owners had a wood stove that ran the chimney out through a window that they cut out for it. :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve had friends with stove pipe run out a window! Window pane replaced with plywood with a hole cut in it. I guess it’s better than cutting a hole in the wall.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I needed to take an Ibuprofen earlier to tame down what was going on with my shoulder but I can't take them on an empty stomach. I broke out a few Ritz crackers and decided I didn't want plain crackers so I got out some cheddar jack cheese and cut it up so there was a bit for each cracker. I then noticed there was some big strawberries on the counter so I sliced a big one up so each cracker had a bit of sweet. The taste was satisfying and it filled my unusual taste for the weird combinations. :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Take turmeric for your shoulder. I mix turmeric powder with coconut oil to make a paste. I take a heaping teaspoon, chew and wash it down with something to drink. You can also buy it in capsules. Turmeric reduces inflammation. It tastes yukky but it sure works.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Shoulder surgery is one of the most painful surgeries - second only to spine surgery - because of proximity to spinal cord and nerves. When you have your surgery, remember to take the 4 hour pain pills with OTC pai relievers taken at the 2 hour point between pain pills. A surgical nurse gave me that advice years ago after my second shoulder surgery. The OTC meds hold you as the prescription painkiller wears until it is time to take the next prescription dose. According to Ellen pain makes your muscles tighten which slows healing. Keeping as pain free as possible means you heal faster. Used that advice for all of my subsequent surgeries and it works.

Let us know what the doctor's prognosis is.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I didn't take any pain killer after my shoulder surgery the last time since it wasn't all that much pain and it was just getting rid of bone spurs. It was the same way for my back surgery back in 1984. but we will see how this one goes.
WOW! You must be a Superman! I was laid up for weeks in constant pain with each of 3 surgeries. :ep:thumbsup

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My ankle replacement was a breeze... no pain. I have some numbness and tingly feeling where there is some nerves that aren't right in the foot... but no pain. So, I get it too. Wish I could have said the same about the knees but they are getting a little better... the greatest thing about them is they work better, there is no pain to stand like I used to about die to stand for more than 5 minutes... the stiffness and muscle/tendon/ligament pain/ache will I hope improve more as I use them more... If i can get past the stiffness now...
And I think some of it is the type of nerve block they use... one of my famers' wives just had her shoulder replaced and she has not had any pain either... same nerve block I had... she says it aches and the exercises make it hurt but it is not "pain" per se...

Last edited:

Latest posts