Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I need to add more names/details to my posts. :) The head cocked was the female pup who we are now thinking might have gotten hit by a car. The 'him' I was referring to is Lance. Mel has taken everything in stride and everyone loves on him (or he puts that big leg on them). Lance never accepted the pup at all even after two months.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
It has only snowed here twice in the 6 years we have had our place. It is supposed to get down in the 20's tonight so it's going to be messy since there is little equipment in our county to handle the probable ice.
Snowing 10 Dec 2019.JPG

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We will be getting your leftover weather tonight and tomorrow. We are quite warm today considering, mid 50's. Still showers/sprinkling. I had a dentist appt for routine cleaning, and it was warmer than I thought it would be. Came by and got the bucket of grain then went by the pasture while it was barely sprinkling, and the cow came down after the others but she came down. I am going to go by and get a sq bale of hay when I take the samples up the hill for UPS to pickup at the local business where I take them, and go by and give them the hay. I will be taking 2 buckets up to them for the next couple of days so she gets a good share since she comes down last and slowly. She is dropping weight and they need to come out. Not much left to graze either and hard for them to get anything much with short grass and shorter teeth.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan it was 62 this morning when I checked outside right at 5:00 and started dropping rapidly for the rest of the day. I started out this morning wearing regular pants and I just went and put on my thermals for the afternoon checks.

We only got a couple of inches of snow and I'm not sure if we will get anymore or not.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are not mind readers...... LOL LOL
Really glad Teresa is not going in circles half cocked. Laughing!
I understood what he was talking about 🙌.....I knew Mel was fine and Teresa wasn't running around in circles with a head cone on ,head tilted .......:lol:

Last edited:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are not mind readers...... LOL LOL
Really glad Teresa is not going in circles half cocked. Laughing!
Or post readers! ;) Though humans are animals (as opposed to vegetables though I wonder about some, or minerals) I couldn't see Mike calling an animal chiropractor in to treat Teresa.

Mel has taken everything in stride and everyone loves on him (or he puts that big leg on them)
As in "You will give me some loving, RIGHT??"

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
As in "You will give me some loving, RIGHT??"

He has that move down for both humans and dogs but not so much for rams. :) When Mel and Maisy are play fighting she will get up on his back and he just brings that big paw around and brings her down. Mel and Maxwell (the ram) are learning to tolerate each other but that's about it so I am out there when the dogs are in with the breeders. As big as Mel is, the ram could do some damage but he does back off when I get on to him.

Latest posts