Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Awww that’s too bad, I know y’all enjoyed going to that place. How did you find the recipe?

Pho recipes are pretty popular and easy to find. Most are similar and are either curry based beef broth or coconut milk is added for more like a pad thai dish. We often couldn't tell for sure if a dish is That or Vietnamese since they often use similar ingredients.

HomeOnTheRange

Golden Herd Lurker
Reaction score
@HomeOnTheRange Where is this $90 thousand an acre land in New Mexico? What makes it so desirable? The whole state or just where you are? Wow, I thought land here was stupid priced.
It is close to the river where you can get water. If you are in a place where you can not get water from the "river", then it is cheap. We only get 10" of rain per year and it gets hot here, so you get water from the river or pump it (if you are lucky and can hit water).

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some random pictures. Mel and Maisy are sitting in their favorite spot. The pictures are from the house so I zoomed in a bit with the second picture.

It's supposed to get down in frost range tomorrow morning so we put the row covers back over the garden beds that are already planted. We have been getting right at a pound and a half of Asparagus for a couple of weeks. We just about have some kind of salad every day so a lot of it gets used in salads. We have cucumbers coming up under low garden tunnels plus we put the garden blankets back over them. A couple of rows of snow peas popped up a couple of days ago.

Mel and Maisy on the hill2 21 Apr 2021.JPG
Mel and Maisy on the levee zoom 21 Apr 2021.JPG
Asparagus 21 Apr 2021.JPG

Attachments

• Snow peas 21 Apr 2021.JPG
    Snow peas 21 Apr 2021.JPG
    253.2 KB · Views: 51

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mike, they still talk about Mel when I go to the vets...that boy is loved everywhere :love

They love him at our vets place. Mel has put on almost 20 pounds since you brought him here but it's all muscle. I couldn't guess how many miles a day those two put on since there is a road that runs adjacent to our pasture so the dogs run from one end to the other dozens of times a day.

We took him into TSC one day and the manager (who is fairly short) had to get a picture of him sitting on the floor under Mel's head and Mel got him with a juicy lick. :)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We started giving our sheep a Purina brand mineral that our CO-OP just started having available. This is one of the nice things about being in a small town and the vendors know how you operate. We went in to pick up some sheep mineral a couple of weeks ago and they told us about a new product put out by Purina that has a growth inhibitor for fly control. They had a good bit of info to pass on to us so we went ahead and picked some up. I did notice when I was out picking up manure this afternoon that I didn't have the usual swarms of flies that we had been having.