Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Teresa and I did spend most of the day moving netting and mowing grass to make better contact with the netting. From here on out I'll be spraying to kill the growth but that spring super growth is hard to keep under control. We always have a good time working together and it always brings a bunch of smiles since we do it so well together. :) This woman is a super woman and we just keep getting better. :)
Hi to Teresa !!!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Teresa sure is a super woman. She has so much energy, like a little whirlwind, putting everything in its right place. She’s so efficient and sure knows how to get things done. Cheerful, always a smile and a laugh, you two are blessed with each other.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
It finally quit raining so I can spray tomorrow to finish getting our netting and fence lines sprayed for the first time this summer. Teresa got a couple of nice pictures just before sundown.

Attachments

• Red Sky.jpg
    Red Sky.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Red Sky2.jpg
    Red Sky2.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 14

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are going to bring Oshi and Pete the wether into the holding area tomorrow to pull a fecal on Oshi. We will check Pete but he is 4 years old and has never been wormed. He is only a wether because he was so small when we were taking a load of lambs to market that we banded him. That was actually one of the best decisions we have ever made since he has been priceless in taming down lambs for us.

We are also going to go to TSC sometime tomorrow to look at their zero turn mowers. Our riding mower is showing some serious signs of age so Teresa has been pushing for me to check out the zero turns. Not counting cutting grass for lambs, I mow somewhere between 8 and 10 hours a week and steering the mower has a major impact on my bad shoulder. She is thinking that if I get a zero turn, that will eliminate a lot of the stress on the shoulder. Evidently, she spent some time exploring the mowers and Tractor Supply has the best deal in our area.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just putting in a plug for my Greenworks mower... they have a Zero turn one also... but I wanted a conventional type tractor one. I love the "no gas, oil, carb, belts or chains or anything for the mowing deck"....
Tractor Supply also has the Greenworks brand... but don't know if they would have any of the battery ones in stock...

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The Cicada noise is not as deafening this morning as it has been the last several days. I don't know how wide spread it is but we have two broods (13 and 17 year) at the same time which is evidently pretty rare. Either way, they are annoying as can be and there are literally millions of them landing on you.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We walked Oshi and Pete back to their paddock then opened the gates so the 17 ram lambs could cross the driveway and enter the bigger paddock. Their routine has been to come to me wherever I am so they can get mowed grass that I cut for them. I love to get our sheep into a routine enough that they don't even think about what to do when we open gates for them. They just automatically go right on through.

Oshi is just a hair over 305 pounds this morning and Pete is 195.