1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. 2019 What's up with my bucks hair? - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Things I have discovered in raising a bottle calf

Discussion in 'Birthing, Weaning, and Raising Calves' started by WyndSyrin, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Sep 17, 2018
    secuono

secuono Herd Master

Wanted to know what it was and how fast I'd use it up before buying. Online is my only option.

2. Sep 17, 2018
    WyndSyrin

WyndSyrin Overrun with beasties

Ah ok. Dyne is a high caloric additive that you can had to your livestock's food to help with energy and weight. I put a couple of squirts of it in my bottle calf's milk 2/day and they have shown nice results. As to how fast you would use it up, that would depend on how often you used it. the smallest you can buy is a quart and that will last me several weeks. If you don't use it all the time then the one gallon would be a good buy as well.

3. Sep 19, 2018
    secuono

secuono Herd Master

Thanks.
    Bottle came in today and it has dosage for both standard and mini sheep, how fancy!
    About 10ml 3x a day it said, but doing one 12ml syringe a day by mouth for now, in case it happens to disrupt digestion any.