Things to have to butcher a hog

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The one pictured is the type we use GB, also older dunno brand. Your gambrel also sounds like ours. That set up would work great for pigs i think. Our gambrel is steel with stainless hooks attached to it.

Very kind of you to offer up those things GB i know those hoists go for $100 or more and i have been looking for another gambrel like ours for a few years and cant find one.

Karl Atkins

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Are you anywhere close to me? (put a location in your profile please)
I have a gambrel here..not sure what it was used for..belonged to my father. Has stainless hooks on regular steel frame. If close, and we can meet somewhere, you can have it.

Also have a manual endless chain 1 ton hoist you can have.
Mine's older and not sure the brand, but it's this type:
harrington-chain-hoist-1-2t-x-10ft-cf005-10-24.jpg

Too heavy to ship.

ILive in Redding CA. Thank you for the offer

Karl Atkins

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
The one pictured is the type we use GB, also older dunno brand. Your gambrel also sounds like ours. That set up would work great for pigs i think. Our gambrel is steel with stainless hooks attached to it.

Very kind of you to offer up those things GB i know those hoists go for $100 or more and i have been looking for another gambrel like ours for a few years and cant find one.

Well if you are closer snag it

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am not closer.....michigan :lol:

DH's brother and mother live in texas though....by Austin his mother recently moved i think north of Austin. I always think they live in houston but DH corrected me and said nope austin, though the brother travels all over.

Last edited:

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So you must live by cleveland...then? I will let DH know and we can see if we can set something up. DH's brother said he goes to Houston and the surrounding area about once a week or more.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
8 miles North of Cleveland Fire Dept. (had to measure it for my home owner policy)
Just let me know, I can meet them somewhere, or if they are up for finding my place, they can come here...

Note, observe speed markers on FM2025..the S curves are deceiving and can be treacherous. When making the left turn off FM 945 on to Shaw Rd...MAKE IT! It's in a blind curve and traffic comes around it pretty fast. Off Shaw Rd, then make the 1st left. It's Albright Ln but I know the sign is missing. Take Albright ALL the way to the end, enter and open gate and turn left, following the powerline down to my house. Big green 2 story house. You can't see the house until you break out of the woods into pastureland. White Chevy pickup and little black car there most times.
I'll PM you my Ph #.

333 albrightmap.jpg

Last edited: