This is odd....

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
The only problem with that is that I wont be able to do it stealthily. Im in the middle of four other houses. Two on one side, actually, three on the other. Whenever Im in my yard, front or back, someone can see me. On weekends he is home and he works nights so thats when things happen. Since he is used to being up at those hours. I do have two game cameras like what you described, but they are both in the barn. I had thought about getting some more Blink cameras and putting them up high in the trees, but doing it without being seen is the problem. So whenever Im putting up new cameras, adjusting them, whatever, someone sees me and tells him where they are pointed. Personally, I think he either hacked or had someone hack my cameras when I had them online so he knows exactly what they can and cant see. They are no longer online. And I changed the passwords.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
He works nights, so go out at night and put them up. Check it all out during the day so you can put them up. Maybe on a full moon so you don't need a flashlight.

Hipshot

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
When all else fails go low tec. Long before game cams. and high fluting fancy stuff. There was soft bare ground . Moisten the dirt in a area you know he must pass over and look for foot prints . Be careful not to make mud . There are also trace powers that are invisible to the naked eye, that illuminate under ultraviolent or black lights. If enough is applied you can get a direction track . This really sounds like a kid not an adult to me . In which case a very large sticky trap for elephants will get you his shoes

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule I like the Goobermooch one even better. I have thought about putting up cameras in the trees when he isnt home. The problem is, though, the other neighbors will or would see me and tell him. Even in the wee hours there is traffic so doing it unseen and not having a ladder spotted is impossible.
Once during the day I was cutting limbs that blocked a camera and this guy down the street kept driving by real slow watching me. Im like, really?
@Hipshot I like the ideas. I do look for foorprints when Im out. I also feel it has been his kid doing some stuff, but I do have camera footage definitely showing a shadow that had to be him. Even the cops agreed but said they need a face or his body to prove anything.
Where do I get the powder? That would be interesting to try. Once I did sprinkle lime all over the barn floor for that reason but only got my prints or the barn cats.
I would do the sticky trap but I can guarentee you Id catch critters or my cats instead of him. Ive been trying to catch one of my barn cats that has a huge rash on her tummy but havent been able to. Maybe I should get a sticky trap. Hmmmmm.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m thinking Nanny Cams...like the cameras you hide in something and set out. These could be placed in something in the house or before arriving on your property...wreath on the front door, star or barn quilt on the barn/chicken coop/garage/shed, flowerpot, pile of trash (thinking he’d HAVE to investigate a pile of trash if you put one out:lol:.)