Thistleblooms Rambles

WildBird

Loving the herd life
Reaction score

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @WildBird !
@B&B Happy goats that's some flat ground!

The highest I've ever been was backpacking in the Sierras at 12,000'. We didn't spend enough time acclimating at the trail head which was a lower elevation and I got some serious headache and puking the first day out. :sick

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
And I need frozen ground with little snow to collect the logs I already cut for next winter's warmth.

What's your snow looking like?
We still have a few feet on the ground, it's getting heavy and slippery with all the rain we are getting. This mornings snow turned to rain, but I got the fat bike out, and the dogs and I took a spin around the loop while it was still fresh untracked snow.
Dh told me he would be home early and he would take care of clearing the paths and driveway, but I don't think the blower is going to be throwing this stuff. It might just come out the chute and ooze down like a slushy. 😄

I don't have pen cleaning chores at least. The snow mercifully covered everything. I was out there for 2 hours yesterday hauling wet sloppy horse manure on my PooBarge. The sun came out when I was done as a thank you, haha.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Most of it had melted last week but then Sun night we got 3" of super wet snow. I didn't even dare get the tractor out for fear of packing it into ice. It was slick enough where I used the pusher shovel to clear the entrances to the parking area. It is supposed to go down to 0°F Thursday morning (High tomorrow 21°F), might go above freezing again next Monday.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's what I thought the last time I went up to collect the wood!! It had been down below 0°F, I figured that would harden up the low spots and the ruts in the "track" in the woods. Nope, it was just around freezing. I squished through water in the low area between the pond and the natural wetland downhill of it but the pond isn't over flowing at the moment. And there was water trickling down the track, good thing I wore the insulated rubber boots instead of my work boots that I wear when I am actually cutting trees. Could be there are springs I don't know about in a couple of places.

Latest posts