Thistleblooms Rambles

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you have the optional snow blade for the front of that bike?
Ha! I'm so happy those haven't been invented yet! You sir, are ahead of your time. :highfive:

T, I'd never heard of this "fat bike" but it sounds like it was made for me, being fat and all. :gig Googled a pic of it and never even knew those existed! How cool! Are they easy or hard to pedal? They look like something we could even ride back here, on this rough terrain.

Bee, you are so funny! This bike is easy to pedal and very responsive to handle. It's a 10 speed, with a pretty low lowest gear. The fat tires are run at a lower pressure so they absorb jolts, and I am loving how it eats big rocks and roots like they aren't even there. I got a killer deal on mine, I bought it from the manufacturer (FramedBikes) and paid about half of retail.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
20191211_161543(1).jpg My little eunuchs.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, they love that particular spot. These are my "barn" cats 🤣.
The orange one, Finnigan, was found on the side of a lonesome highway in Wyoming by my sons GF. She can't have pets where she lives so I took him. Had to get him a buddy so checked CL and found Angus. They are best pals, pretty much inseparable.
They were too tiny to live outside so they will be house guests until spring. They spend the days outside and nights indoors. They have a nice box with a kennel heater in it inside the hay shed if they need to get warmed up, but spend most of their time climbing trees, wrestling, and stalking the horses tails.
I have never had house cats, but these guys have been pretty well behaved. They aren't ever loose in the house without supervision though, because they are cats after all. And I must admit that a purring bundle of cat in your lap is pretty nice.

Had a little excitement yesterday afternoon. I came in from doing chores and was sitting by the fire with my laptop. I looked up to see my mare Syringa acting very animated and looking toward the house. I stood up to see a big cow moose, hackles raised approaching my BMD who was tied out on her cable run (long story, bad dog!). Fortunately Larka knows better than to bark at moose, so she was backing up mouthing the words -somebody help the dog! and glancing sideways at the house.
I jerked the slider open and yelled hey! at the moose to distract her. My husband had leapt up off the couch when I said 'oh crap a moose is gonna kill Larka' and told me not to go out there. No duh.

Well the cow sort of ambled away from the dog, still looking threatening, then decided to go around the mini mules pen and give him a heart attack. I raced out , unclipped Larka and let her in. Close call. Larka will no longer be tied out during moose season. She will be with me when I'm outside, in the run, or in the house for short visits. She can not be trusted to stay home. Not a trouble maker, just a social butterfly who loves to visit all the neighbors and see if they have any unattended cat food sitting around.

Last edited: