Thistleblooms Rambles

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad you managed to stay out of the lake. Also glad that those are nice stairs, I was envisioning a rickety wreck that would be dangerous for most anyone to use. I'm guessing that is the same house you've posted pictures of before? If so, nope no worries about them having crappy stairs to the lake.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
T, you are truly heroic to pull brush off an incline like that!!!! :th Let alone a whole truck full! :ep

And, yes, I find myself counting things lately and for no good reason....it's weird! Never heard of this being a part of aging, so not sure what it means.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Remember - you are in your prime. My prime moves with my age! :lol:
:lol: Exactly! Old people have now been moved to 85 or so. That gives me about 20 years before I'm just out of my prime. Right now I'm still cuttin' teeth!

I'm guessing that is the same house you've posted pictures of before? If so, nope no worries about them having crappy stairs to the lake.
Yes, same house. My favorite place to work. It's empty again until next June.
So it's all my very own little kingdom.

And, yes, I find myself counting things lately and for no good reason....it's weird! Never heard of this being a part of aging, so not sure what it means.
It means we're losing our grip and will soon be insane. 😂
But maybe not... my dad confided in me once that he was constantly counting things. It bothered him a little. But he never went insane.
Insanity does not run in my family. Crazy does, but not insanity.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @thistlebloom,

I stumbled across a YouTube video about there being record snow in Billings Montana. While I know you are a ways west and a bit north of there, I am wondering if you got any snow. Also, Mr. @MtViking, while I haven't seen you on the forum recently, did you get any snow? And I also heard about there being snow in Iowa. Since that is your home state, Miss @rachels.haven, do you know anything about it?

Senile Texas Aggie

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Several years ago there was that horrendous freak blizzard in Oct that killed all those cattle because they were still out on summer pastures....
I may be from up north, but the older I get the less I like the snow. We have had a few dozies over the years here, but nothing much in the last few years. They had more snow in NC and even over in the eastern part of Va a couple years ago. We are due for a real winter.....

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Senile_Texas_Aggie , We have had snow on the mountains already, but not down here in the valleys yet. They're predicting snow Friday a.m., but only one or two inches. Since it will be in the 40's next week it won't stick.
Last year we got snow in the middle of September. That was a weather oops, and it melted in embarrassment. Snow in October is not unusual in Montana at all. Montana is a higher elevation.
We traditionally get a good sticking snow by Thanksgiving, but the past couple years it's been almost Christmas for the first sticking snow that stays until spring.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
1603340468507.jpeg

Stayed home today so I could meet with the forester assigned to come out and check on our Forestry Stewardship progress. I guess we get to keep it for another 5 years, and I'm glad for that, it gives us a reduction in our property taxes which have been rising yearly.

Did outdoor stuff and tried not to get too squirrel brained about the plethora of chores and projects calling to me. Got Syringas stall mats in her shelter re-laid. I've been putting that off all summer, but it wasn't as ugly as I thought it would be dragging six stall mats around.
Got a few other pressing gotta-get-done before it snows chores accomplished, then the sun came out and I decided that the spoiled hay should be spread in the new garden spot. The sun felt good and I took a minute to sit on a bale and just enjoy the feel of it. Got some help from the chickens.
Some time tomorrow or Saturday I'll be pulling all the heated water tubs out and laying my cords around. Saturday morning I think it's supposed to get down to 8 degrees F. Brrrr!