Thistleblooms Rambles

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Your whole adventure with Syringa has been slow and steady. She is reacting in exactly the same way, slow, steady and most of all, calm. You have earned her trust, she is not fearful and feeling her way along with this new thing you are doing. Well done.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
This evening I got the 5th ride in on Syringa. And we trotted!!:yesss: She now seems to have the hang of walking haha, we made several circuits of the roundpen. I asked for a trot and kept asking (double cluck) until she broke into it. She only went a dozen strides that first time, but each succesive time I asked she responded more quickly and trotted farther. Best of all she was very calm, with just a single head toss the first time. I am over the moon! It's so exciting for me to get to this point finally. I know I already said all that but really, I'm so excited! Whenever I would imagine her first rides I expected something of a more reactive slightly explosive nature. I'm feeling very happy and thankful for her progress.😊

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
This evening I got the 5th ride in on Syringa. And we trotted!!:yesss: She now seems to have the hang of walking haha, we made several circuits of the roundpen. I asked for a trot and kept asking (double cluck) until she broke into it. She only went a dozen strides that first time, but each succesive time I asked she responded more quickly and trotted farther. Best of all she was very calm, with just a single head toss the first time. I am over the moon! It's so exciting for me to get to this point finally. I know I already said all that but really, I'm so excited! Whenever I would imagine her first rides I expected something of a more reactive slightly explosive nature. I'm feeling very happy and thankful for her progress.😊
:weee:weee:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss:

I think it is great that you are doing so well with her. Congrats!!!!!

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another sunny day and maybe up to 60. Sun sure helps the attitude and the corrals are finally dry. We had a little blizzard Saturday, went from partly sunny and near 50 to 39, howling wind and snow in about 2 hours. So weird.

I have my husbands help again at work today, he's going to finish pressure washing the driveways and patios and I am planning on cleaning a few small beds while he does that, then we'll leave when he's done so I can have the rest of the day and more energy to focus on work at home. This work stuff sure gets in the way of life!

My "dinner by 4:00" plan has been working well. It's nice to have dinner out of the way and the kitchen cleaned up so I can be out until dark, which right now is 7:30ish. I'm hoping to get some tomato starts out in the garden in the Wall O' Waters so they can get some better growth on them. Typically we can't put anything out until after the middle of May. The water tubes do a great job of insulating and heating so the tomatoes get a little jump on the season.
The soil is already pretty dry so things are already going to need water, but that's pretty normal for here.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Worked today at my 92 year old clients garden. She calls me every spring for a cleanup, and I always get a little apprehensive this time of year when I'm expecting her call. It makes me so happy when she finally does call, and I can breath a sigh of relief that Anna Mae is still with us. 💝 She's so cute in her jeans and flannel shirts.
She apologized today for not keeping up with the weeds. Every other year she has been out puttering around in her yard, but the past few years her back hasn't allowed her to do much. This year I could see the difference in her. After I got her garden cleaned up she made us coffee and we sat on her back porch and chatted. She also made chocolate chip cookies and told me to take the 3 extras home for my husband. I laughed and told her they would never make it that far,
I was right. I enjoyed them on the drive home, but I did tell dh that Anna Mae had thought of him. :plbb:lol:
I love that lady. I hope she continues to be healthy and living in her own home for many more years.

And I'm getting more rides in on Syringa which makes me happy happy!

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ya can "smooth it over" if ya make him a whole batch of his own....:drool:frow

Oh I'm sure that would work!
I had his best interest at heart when I ate the extras. He's pre-diabetic and should be careful of sugar. So you see, it was really a sacrificial thing I did. I just know he'll thank me, one of these days. 😄

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is wonderful. She is definitely your heart horse.