TWINS!!!!!!

Alibo

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh poor baby! I had one of my first sold to me that way, now I know better and am horrified that someone would snatch any baby from it's mother early without ever taking a bottle or being old enough

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh poor baby! I had one of my first sold to me that way, now I know better and am horrified that someone would snatch any baby from it's mother early without ever taking a bottle or being old enough
We accidentally got her from the auction (*glares accusingly at my father*) and when he picked her up he realized how tiny and young she actually was.... she was sold with her twin... he was twice her size... it is terrible that people would even do that to such a young baby....

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
One of my girls "talks" to me. She'll maaa at me and I'll say hi, She'll maaa back... She'll go on for a while lol. It's so cute!

Jenn27

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh yeah those bottle babies are a bit more needy. :lol: But, I love it! We have a kid now that is almost a year old that was a bottle baby, and she still craves attention from me and my oldest daughter. Out of the new babies, the doeling is our bottle baby and has just started to run up to us when we walk out there. It's just so adorable!! They definitely have a way of planting themselves in your heart and never leaving! :love

And yeah, I would definitely be supplementing with bottles for your one kid that isn't nursing well.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I've started hand feeding newton first thing this morning... I'm going to try and keep doing it, because sometime she will walk away when they are trying to nurse, but I found that if I feed her while they nurse she's perfectly happy and will let them both get their fill. Trying to get a bit more weight on the both of them before we release them into the field to run around.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
That's good. I hope she still cooperates with you!
Shes usually pretty cooperative, just she still is new to the whole mothering thing lol...
We let her out of her fenced in area yesterday with the babies and she imeadiatly started running around and after about a minute passed, she realized that her babies weren't beside her and had a total freak out and spazzed out looking for them.... eventually she found them over by my grandma who was watching them. And since she doesn't know my grandmother well, launched herself at my grandma horns first :ep and then after hitting her in he hip, she put herself between my grandma and the babies ...:thMy grandma is alright a slight bruise on her hip and she now makes a joke out of it .. lol