Utters... I am utterly confused

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would have to agree with everyone else. I do not have goats but we have sheep and I have farm sat for friends with over 50 meat does and had lots of babies to deal with. If she is a about a year when she kids that is not as bad as if she was 7-8 months. She looks to have some pretty good growth. Do not over feed her as she gets closer so the kids don't keep getting alot bigger. They do the most growing size wise in the last 30-45 days... like a calf in a cow does it's greatest amount of size growth in the last 60-80 days.
I hope she kids without any major problems for you. 2 would be nice as long as they come out one at a time and don't get tangled up in there.... most multiples come the way they should, so we will be praying.
Are you going to milk her or let her raise the babies or a combination?

TXMissy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I would have to agree with everyone else. I do not have goats but we have sheep and I have farm sat for friends with over 50 meat does and had lots of babies to deal with. If she is a about a year when she kids that is not as bad as if she was 7-8 months. She looks to have some pretty good growth. Do not over feed her as she gets closer so the kids don't keep getting alot bigger. They do the most growing size wise in the last 30-45 days... like a calf in a cow does it's greatest amount of size growth in the last 60-80 days.
I hope she kids without any major problems for you. 2 would be nice as long as they come out one at a time and don't get tangled up in there.... most multiples come the way they should, so we will be praying.
Are you going to milk her or let her raise the babies or a combination?
We are going to let her just feed her kid or kids. I have no intention of milking her.

TXMissy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Still pregnant!

Attachments

• 20211129_130314.jpg
    20211129_130314.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 118

BarnOwl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow, that sure would be a surprise! I can't wait to see how many she has. Did you tell the breeder? Do they know who the sire might be? There's no chance a larger breed buck got to her is there?

PattyNH

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Any update for us??

EDIT: Nevermind I found your pics of Huck ❤️ He is adorable!!

Latest posts