Washington

andalusn

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Hi, neighbor! I'm next to Lake Merwin!
DH grew up in Woodland and we lived on the Lewis River on a houseboat many years ago.. The mountain would blow and I'd run to the top of the dike snap a new picture and go back in the house ;)

savingdogs

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We do not see it, but we are 16 miles from the mountain. Not on the bad side though. lol

rickerra

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Howdy Fellow Washingtonians...

New guy here from Newman Lake... Spokane area... right on the Idaho boarder.

Just started my Backyard herds this years... so lots of studying and research done... and slowly gaining experience.

We've got 7 chickens... 5 of which are hens and will be sticking around as layers. We also have our first small batch of 9 broilers being raised.

And now I'm looking to pick up a breeding trio of rabbits.

I'm enjoying being a hobby farmer. Between the meat garden and the real garden we're expanding this year... should be a fun year!

Cheers!

RainySunday

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
welcome rickerra! We have 6 layers, 1 rooster (unless he attacks me again...), 10 chicks in the brooder, 3 nigerian dwarf does, and hope to start with rabbits this summer! And a huge garden planned too. I think we are going to be busy!

Cabinchick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hello :)

I'm not in Washington but your neighbor just to the east in Sandpoint Idaho. I'm looking for some heritage pigs to raise. Is anyone close - Spokan etc breeding any of the heritage breeds? They don't have to be registered, they can be a mix. Can you help point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

bucknercrestfarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Im in grapeview washington close to shelton we have great pyrenees barbado sheep 75 head of hogs and a few pure bred birkshires a slew of meat rabbits creme d argents and champange d argent meat and egg chickens turkeys ducks a morgan a brindled paint and a peach dun quarter horse and two mini horses!!

bucknercrestfarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Im in mason co grapeview! horses pigs cows sheep lots of rabbits great pyrenees chickens turkeys ducks i think thats all

GoatFaerie

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello. I'm actually a Southern neighbor in Oregon. I am looking for a breeder of Kinder Goats "near" by. :) I'm near Portland. Can anyone help me?

trcarlton

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm in Lacey, WA - doing the micro micro farming thing ;) Chickens for eggs (no roosters allowed due to neighbors), just started rabbits (to sell future litters as pets; Landlord won't allow raising for meat), and raised garden beds this year. Very excited and LOVING IT!!! :)

Latest posts