We Got A New Horse!

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
awww bay what a good grandma you are. this is a day she will never forget and babs is right, that smile says it all. and yes I like phoenix much better than tempest. his new life begins.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wonderful!
You guys did a great job planning that!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I rode him a little over an hour yesterday. He needs a better handle put on him. He was calm going down the road, cars going by didn't bother him at all. So DH and I talked it over and today I rode him to a trainer about a mile away. We had to go by a couple of houses that looks like the worst junk yards ever and a pack of dogs boiled out, but he never missed a step. Phoenix needs a little polish....he doesn't neck rein, when asked for a stop, he fiddle foots around, he pulls back when I tighten the cinch, just a few little things that needs attention. I won't have the time for this because my husband is having shoulder replacement surgery tomorrow. So that's why we decided on the trainer. We want him to be the best he can be for our grand daughters.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good plan! You will sure have your hands full with DH's shoulder. Is he right or left handed and which shoulder is it?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
:fl that all goes well for DH tomorrow! I know you got good old boy neighbors down your way but if you need anything that I can help with, let me know.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
He is right handed and it is his right shoulder. it pops out of socket all the time and I have to pop it back in. He has been in a lot of pain for a long time. We started this journey over 2 years ago, but got side tracked with open heart surgery, oral surgery, knee replacement surgery, recovery and therapy and now, finally his shoulder. I just want the man to wake up in the mornings with out such terrible pain.

Thanks for the offer Joe. I appreciate it. In preparation for his surgery, we have crammed in as much as we could. Whatever he has wanted to do, that is what we have done. He is dreading the long recovery and not being able to use his arm. And he just found out he has a cataract on one eye and will need surgery for that too! One of these days we'll have him all rebuilt and he ought to go for another 100,000 miles. :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dang - I feel his pain! Well, sorta. Mostly I feel YOUR pain! My DH has had his share of challenges too. (heck, we both have lately - ugh) You just want them to be pain/challenge free. I had a shoulder issue last summer and the rehab is "owie". But, he'll get through it and be better than ever.

Latest posts