We hava Racka

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Continued from Coffee Anyone thread-After lengthy and sometimes heated debates about our shallowing genetics, Hubbs solved our new ram dilemma. Boy. Did he. Meet Twister.

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
IMG_6958.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Now you need s a few ewes………

I’m guessing he is a wool breed. Looks like somebody is gonna have to get out the shears, a squeeze chute, lasso, halter, hobbles and a shot of some sort of sedative. Raise some of these guys for the game ranches. LOL

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Baymule he is a wool breed. And he needs a haircut. I texted this pic to my brother and like the smartaxx he is he replied “Hail satan”. I replied that I’ve seen no glowing eyes and smelled no sulphur. But seriously I’m introducing fleece into my flock which could be a major problem. Years ago a gentleman locally was able to breed the fleece out of his Jacob’s sheep. I don’t know if I can or even should try. I’d need access to more Rackas. They are a multi use breed so offspring can go into the freezer. Advice on clippers anyone? I’m thinking Heavy Duty, cordless.
Also, if I’m slow responding bear with me. I’m having site troubles.

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Id be breeding those bad boys for game ranches. $$$
I’ve noticed those hunts advertised. I generally breed for other shepherds, first timers and those who want color or new blood. I used to have a regular order for Ramadan from people I knew. We’ve since moved too far away. We eat our rams too, more so now with meat quality and prices what they are. Backing off the fleece genetically will be a challenge. Though not necessarily a problem for hunters’ end products, it would be a maintenance issue for me. Twister seems pretty relaxed around people. I’m ordering clippers and hoping he’s going to let me clean him up with minimal fuss.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule he is a wool breed. And he needs a haircut. I texted this pic to my brother and like the smartaxx he is he replied “Hail satan”. I replied that I’ve seen no glowing eyes and smelled no sulphur. But seriously I’m introducing fleece into my flock which could be a major problem. Years ago a gentleman locally was able to breed the fleece out of his Jacob’s sheep. I don’t know if I can or even should try. I’d need access to more Rackas. They are a multi use breed so offspring can go into the freezer. Advice on clippers anyone? I’m thinking Heavy Duty, cordless.
Also, if I’m slow responding bear with me. I’m having site troubles.
But aren't jacob sheep a wool breed? So, he somehow turned his into hair versions of jacob??