Weight tapes for cows

JerseyXGirl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Good question. I never did get anyone to do the beef tapes--I'll have to see if I can find one when I get to town. Without it to compare I'm not sure how to do a cross. Try posting a pic of the calf with things in the background to compare it to and see if we can estimate a weight for you.
Ok tomorrow I will get up to date pics because they've put on some weight :) I also have another question off topic for you Farmer Kitty and don't know where to put it.

The brown and white one (TBone) is recouping from having scours really bad and doing a fine job and is eating and doing great. His back end was pretty yucky and dried with poo. He now has these two hairless spots back there where it looks like he nawed the poo off. Is this normal, should I put some blu kote on them. No redness or sores just two bare batches where it looks like he was nawing the poo off cleaning hisself.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
im not kitty.but i can answer your q.yes thats normal for them to loose some hair like that.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Just leave the bare spots be, as long as there is no sores. The hair will grow back just fine.