We've Been Keeping a Secret Over Here....

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats! Beautiful pups! Can just picture Murphy sitting back on a hay bale smoking a cigar ;) Glad all are well! What are your plans for them? Did you already have buyers lined up/reserved?

I'm planning on keeping at least one, maybe 2 for myself. The rest will be sold. I'd mainly like to sell them to small VT/New England farms as working LGDs.

I have a few people starting to inquire about them, but I'm going to be picky about it and I'd rather keep them longer than planned rather then sell them to the wrong people/situation. I'm sure a few will go as pets. I haven't officially started advertising them yet. Mainly because I want to pick MY puppy/ies first, but at 24 hours old, there isn't much difference between them yet.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Wow, well congrats again! Sure like that you're gonna be "picky" about placement. Please keep us informed via pics and such as they grow? :caf:pop:frow Love puppies! :love

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I think it's the feeding and raising of them that gets a bit difficult and costly...

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is It hard breeding Dogs?

Breeding them is not hard, it's the raising of them that is stressful and time-consuming. I did a lot of homework prior to breeding my dogs and there is still so much that I don't know or wasn't prepared for. I'm sure it will be very rewarding in the end to see all my babies grown up, but right now, it's hard.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Puppy are 6 days old today. We did lose 2 of the girls in the first couple days. Everyone else is doing well. They are getting weighed 2x a day to make sure that they are gaining properly and a couple of them get a little extra boost with a bottle.

This little girl is one of my favorites. She has so much spunk already!