What a mess!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
sounds like yall had a wolf yote or dog pack in your heifer pasture.an thats no good.hate that the heifers tore out a bunch of fence.fixing the fence in the cold is rough work.regardless id be doing some nite hunting for awhile.get you a jenny to keep with your heifers.they hate dogs an yotes.esp if you get a good jenny.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The coyotes or dogs have never bothered the heifers. The only things around here that are really a possibility would be the wolves or cougars. The cougars haven't really gotton established to the point of bothering much of anything so, I would suspect the wolves.

pokacow

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
thewife said:
I am a firm believer in SSS!

It was the animal rights morons that got hound hunting for bear and cougar, banned in this state. Can't post my thoughts on that, this is a family board!
Yeppers, & now they are the ones whining the loudest when the yotes, bears & cougars poo in their landscaped yards & eat fluffy!:rolleyes:
I'm N of you by an hour or so. J

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The heifers were out this morning. DH got them back in with no trouble. Not sure why they were out-they had crashed the gate.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
sounds like they got spooked again.
Probably, but, I'm surprised they went back in so well. DH keeps saying he thinks they spooked themselves yesterday with the crunching snow but, that doesn't account for the eyes I saw. He counters that he can't find any tracks in the snow and Kute Kitten and I remind him that it snowed after daylight. When it was dark and the heifers spooked there was glare ice on top, no snow. He just doesn't want to admit we may have a problem. Just like he didn't want to admit that we had a heifer hamstrung a year or so ago.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Not enough to cover all of them even. It's just with ice on everything they were able to walk on top and leave no prints. Simple if one's not in denial.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
sometimes we do that so we wont have tobe on nite watch.i know 1 time we had a pack of dogs get in the calf lot.an kill 5 calves an injure 3.the next morning we found the dead an injured calcves.an dad went to the house got his rifle an went on a killing spree.he killed 4 dogs that morning.an 1 or 2 the next morning.